Soldier Wearing Subdued Sergeant Chevrons On Dress Uniform

seanmc1114

Sergeant Eugene Dimuzio served 1965 to 1968 and was assigned to the 2nd Battalion 509th Infantry while serving with the 8th Infantry Division. Note that in addition to the white on blue DRILL TEAM tab worn over an 8th Infantry Division SSI with AIRBORNE tab, the red (maroon?) beret and what appears to be a black shoulder chord and backings for his collar discs, he is also wearing subdued black on olive green sergeant chevrons.

http://army.togetherweserved.com/army/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=Profile&type=AssignmentExt&ID=511296

post-1761-0-44935100-1408468321.jpg

Drill teams often have distinctive uniforms. Note the black shoulder chord as well. I am surprised he doesn't have a black beret. Perhapse this was all in the name of looking sharp... perhaps they had black parade helmets.

Could someone with a membership to the web site try to get in touch with him and possibly ask him about the uniform?

Leigh

Could someone with a membership to the web site try to get in touch with him and possibly ask him about the uniform?

Leigh

I did that this week but it says he hasn't logged in since December of last year so I'm not holding my breath.

Will continue to search out information on this curious uniform combination..

Perhaps someone with 8th ID unit histories may be able to dig through the archives and find out information, or even perhaps old 8th ID newspapers or stars and stripes???

Leigh