I am so happy that I finally found one!

Manchu Warrior

Hi. I have one with the exact same markings, Colt logo, serial number. Mine has a C MP C stamped barrel which puts it(the barrel) in the '69-'71 time frame with the "bird cage" flash suppressor. I display it with a M7 bayonet. These a great for VN displays where a real one is not an option/prohibited. Much better than the Denix copies IMO. Nice fine.

With that said it looks good and it took me awhile to get it clipped on so wrong or not on it will stay. Thanks!

Hey Manchu,

I like your spirit on the attaching of the sling. For one to say "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" in this opinion driven forum is a breath of fresh air. Keep up the fire, brother.

By the way, I've included some sling pictures for you ... no pressure ... just pictures (A flat tip screwdriver helps with the metal clip) just chillin'.

Drill Sergeant used to say if the sling wasn't correct the barrel would bend to the left. Just sayin. B)

post-15-0-09473500-1410546501.jpgpost-15-0-79001000-1410546526.jpgpost-15-0-94398500-1410546552.jpg

Hard to find these intact without the sights or trigger guard or something busted off. We always seem to have one or two of these early types in my units, and I always made it a habit of making it mine during training.

Now, how about putting that weapon on safe!!! :P

I was happy when they finally adopted the black-webbed "silent sling."

The older ones like you guys are showing were noisy. The metal-on-metal parts rattled, and that keeper/clamp (don't recall the correct nomenclature) would slam against the rifle's plastic forearm making a loud and distinct noise.

A lot of guys covered the metal parts with tape, made modifications, or removed the sling entirely when in the field.

We use to silent the sling keep and j-hook with tape in the field before we transitioned to the 3-points. However, the web slings are still alive and well in the USMC...for formal parades/drill and the rifle range!

Manchu Warrior

Hey Manchu,

I like your spirit on the attaching of the sling. For one to say "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" in this opinion driven forum is a breath of fresh air. Keep up the fire, brother.

By the way, I've included some sling pictures for you ... no pressure ... just pictures (A flat tip screwdriver helps with the metal clip) just chillin'.

Drill Sergeant used to say if the sling wasn't correct the barrel would bend to the left. Just sayin.

Geez, I can't handle the pressure now I have to go make it right. I guess I should have looked at the photo before I attached the sling, right? I am also glad that I was in the Army when things were simpler and it didn't matter what end of the sling went where. With that said it was that SAW sling that confused the heck out of me?? Just kidding and if I remember correctly the SAW sling had the same clip on both ends.