USMC M1955 Flak jacket

elvis3006

Hi everyone I just wanted to share my latest item I acquired on ebay, perhaps some of you saw it listed. Anyone venture a date when this was made, Vietnam, post Vietnam ? It is a 2nd pattern flak jacket. 00212.jpg00412.jpg00512.jpg00611.jpg00810.jpg

Looks to be a post Vietnam late 70's or 1980's model. These are often seen with the date neatly cut out, but the rest of the tag left intact. The tag style is post Vietnam.

J

Looks to be a post Vietnam late 70's or 1980's model. These are often seen with the date neatly cut out, but the rest of the tag left intact. The tag style is post Vietnam.

J

Thank you Justin. Why were the dates removed from the vests, was this a Depot procedure before releasing to surplus ?

Thank you Justin. Why were the dates removed from the vests, was this a Depot procedure before releasing to surplus ?

Nope. I'm sure it's removed by sellers along the way before they sell them as "Vietnam war time", sad, but I see it often.

J

Never buy a Xl size or even a L size flak vest unless it fits you for reenacting because it is impossible to display on torso and dummy.

Never buy a Xl size or even a L size flak vest unless it fits you for reenacting because it is impossible to display on torso and dummy.

Shoot :unsure: I am over 6ft 210 lbs, and it is very roomy and loose. I want to build a display of a Marine in Vietnam from 1966 to 68 era on a torso/dummy, hopefully I can make it work. Too bad it is not a Vietnam dated jacket, are post war flak jackets identical to Vietnam war dated ones ? Also can someone show a tag identical to mine with the date still intact ? Thank you.