Some good looking 490th BS A-2 jackets and flight suits!

doinworkinvans

doinworkinvans

Ran across these today that I had saved - many of you know I am obsessed with the CBI and the 490th Bridge Busters. Thought you all might like to see some pristine examples of the 490th in their A-2 jackets and flight suits.

Oh and if you can identify any of these guys I would love to know!

1A.jpg

doinworkinvans

This is the only one I spotted thats not a leather patch. (Guy on the end looks cloth maybe???)

1G.jpg

Ran across these today that I had saved - many of you know I am obsessed with the CBI and the 490th Bridge Busters. Thought you all might like to see some pristine examples of the 490th in their A-2 jackets and flight suits.

Oh and if you can identify any of these guys I would love to know!

By chance have you read "Unlike Any Land You Know-The Story of the Burma Bridge Busters!" by James Vesely?

If not, you'd enjoy it. Written by a guy who was tracing the story of his uncle who died while flying with the 490th.

Johnny Signor

This is the only one I spotted thats not a leather patch. (Guy on the end looks cloth maybe???)

Looks like a Chenielle type of patch .next photo down also guy on far right in leather jacket appears to be cloth .

doinworkinvans

By chance have you read "Unlike Any Land You Know-The Story of the Burma Bridge Busters!" by James Vesely?

If not, you'd enjoy it. Written by a guy who was tracing the story of his uncle who died while flying with the 490th.

Oh man!! I havent even heard of it! Thank you so much for the heads up - I will certainly have to read that very soon, provided I can find a copy ----

Daniel

doinworkinvans

Looks like a Chenielle type of patch .next photo down also guy on far right in leather jacket appears to be cloth .

Thats the word I was looking for = chenielle!! Yes it does look like that for sure!