Unknown patch

Bobby

I have had this patch for a couple years..Its been posted on ASMIC, USAFPATCHES.COM and I believe it was posted in the Insignia Detective also..Still no id Odds are we may never find out the squadron..Thanks Bobby

post-2987-1213963666.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Flightmedic

Hmmm. SAC Gauntlet, Sword of Justice, Eagle with olive branch, Scales that are equal. I agree with John on this one. Overwhelmingly **Legal** possibly SAC Headquarters legal. I will pursue....

There are several Air Police/Security Police Squadrons that use the Scales of Justice in there Patches..Alot also use the Olive Branch , Gauntlet and Sword..I have been trying to Id this patch for 2 or 3 years LOL.. I will take all the help I can get Thanks Bobby thumbsup.gif

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I too have been trying to recall were I saw a scan of this patch and thus it's ID. Back in 2003 when I got back into collecting, I recall running across this patch, I just can't recall where. (sorry, old age taking its toll!)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Johnny Signor

You may have to wait until someone finally ID's it , some years , I have quite a few in my "Unknown" photo album that I've had many years and still no ID's as of yet , don't give up it will eventually be remembered by someone I'm sure .

Have you tried the USAF historical Research Center out of Maxwell AFB , they are the "Official" repository of "approved" emblems .........................

Johnny

• 10 months later...
firefighter

I looked the Tim Ford's book 'DEFENDERS' and could not find it.As Johnny Signor stated it may be a JAG or Legal Sq.Try sending a scan to the SAC Museum.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This is definitely Air Force Air/Security Police/Forces and possibly a Combat Defense Squadron.

I'm wondering if it is a re-design of an earlier approved emblem.

The closest I can find so far is the 1608 Air Police Squadron.

Not saying that's the unit though, only correlating the design elements.,,,

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
ocsfollowme

Just saw this. Tried almost every reverse image search and only came up with this ebay auction, however, I am almost positive that since this image first came up here in 2008 that this ebay patch was reproduced from this image. 

It may not even be US. Gauntlets and scales, and olive branch are used with tons of units. 

Maybe, it was produced as an April Fools prank for our community ;)

Regardless, it was for a small unit, as it is population one without any reverse images showing. 

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 10.06.36 AM.png