Show Your ACUs

swag

Here's my contribution. A little different from the ACU, this is my A2CU (Army Aviation Combat Uniform) jacket. It differences from the ACU are obvious once you know what to look for. First its made of NOMEX (like all good flight uniforms are), it has adjustable waist straps, there is a "vent" on the right side for the Micro-Climate Cooling Garment umbilical cord, zippered shoulder pockets underneath the regular shoulder pockets, pen/pencil holders on both lower sleeves with velcro closure, and zippers on the breast pockets.

post-2757-1210121831.jpg

hawkdriver

Here is a picture of me and my replacement pilot in the green zone waiting for pax. We are both wearing AACU flight suits with Air Warrior survival vest and body armor.

303k1op.jpg

hawkdriver
Hawkdriver - You got your replacement already!?? Lucky.

Sorry brother, I hate to tell you, I have been home for eight months now. Matter of fact, spent the day in the VA talking about how broken I am now! By the way, make sure you get the burn pit hazards memo, goes a long way towards pleading your case!

Oh, here's another. One for the patriot guard guys.

k3u7w0.jpg

Here's the body armor, helmet, two hats, GORTEX rain jacket, three M4 clips, two camel backs, and an M45 gas mask.

post-2757-1210225087.jpg

• 9 months later...

Here is one of me in full gear and one of me in my Tan Aircrew 2 piece uniform with my buddy Wente in the new Army Combat Shirt. The ACS was made to wear under your vest and is a very thin material. I'm not part of a Aircrew but we were allowed to wear the Aircrew uniforms on the road still because they are nomex. Photos were taking 6-8 months ago

post-4721-1234326538.jpg

post-4721-1234326572.jpg

• 6 months later...
Stinger Gunner USMC

This is my brother-in-law's ACU from his IA with 2/325 of the 82nd Airborne from Oct '07- Jul '08 He was part of JCCS-1

At the time of his deployment he was a CT 1/c (esws). He spent several years on the USS Bunker Hill and will be pinned Chief in about a week.

post-1672-1252475883.jpg

post-1672-1252475904.jpg

Heres one of me wearing the FRACU which I haven't seen any pics of yet. They are the flame retarding version of the ACU issued to ground troops, there is a separate type issued to air crew even though you will often find those issued to ground troops as well. You can tell this is the FRACU by the nylon square sewn on the left trouser leg cargo pocket flap, and the nylon square sewn on the left sleve cuff of the top. you cannot see the square on the sleve cuff in this photo because I have them rolled in but you can see it on the trouser cargo pocket flap. This photo was taken in a small town called jerf a milla just outside of baghdad. The swab test is for explosives residue. Taken about 6 months ago.

post-3881-1252698211.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yeah just noticed that when I posted them, I have full size mannequins with both thier other gear on , and had to take the tapes off for the pics. Paul

I'm sure you are aware, but the U.S. Army tape goes on the left under the badges.

Knowing who they came from is the only way (these days) that the uniforms are genuine.

Jeff

Misanthropic_Gods
I'm sure you are aware, but the U.S. Army tape goes on the left under the badges.

Knowing who they came from is the only way (these days) that the uniforms are genuine.

Jeff

You know it man, Velcro is gods gift to scammers.

Yeah,

The velcro is bad for the future collectors, thank goodness the ACU's have battle roster numbers in them, along with thier names and photos of them wearing the ACU's. the only way I will have any other ACU's is direct from vets. It is hard when I have more than one set from a guy and have them on display on a full mannequin, then trying to show thier other uniforms, here is the Cobra 1/502 full mannequin, and the Desperado MITT full mannequin.. Paul

post-512-1258121250.jpg

Here is my buddy with his mannequin with the combat shirt on.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...