Chilling on top of my clinic:

4C58M2o.jpg

Me and my doc (he was awesome as shinola:

bJIK84n.jpg

And I think one of the very few times I actually wore my boonie:

ZOon9Jn.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Received yesterday this never-used set of UCP-Deltas from my "Boss" here at Fort Polk, who was issued them while assigned to 2-508th PIR, 82d Airborne Division in Afghanistan in 2009. These were operationally tested by 2-508 from the 82d ABN, and 3-61 CAV, a cavalry squadron from 4th ID, both in Afghanistan in 2009. I think the UCP-D pattern is much better than the silly "Gravel Suit" ACUs as well.

FYI the small nylon square on the left cuff indicates that the uniforms are made of flame-retardant material - same square is on the left cargo pocket flap on the trousers

Chris

27291369944_2691f934cd_b.jpg

27291369574_e4a17b13c4_b.jpg

27802400742_de85e778ee_b.jpg

Nice looking UCP-D top!

The trousers are with it too - on the hanger underneath the jacket

The trousers are with it too - on the hanger underneath the jacket

I didn't even see the leg sticking out. That makes it even better.

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

This is the only ACU I have in my collection because I collect mainly DCUs but I believed it to be interesting. I bought it online in a quite famous us military shop which told me to have received the ACU excatly in this condition with this patches and pins on it.

The ACU is the fire resistant version, complete with captain rank, us army tape and name tape.

However I always had a doubt about this ACU. It is of a captain of the special forces but it has a CAB and not a CIB. According to what I red a special forces captain is eligible for a CIB but this has a CAB. Is there any situation in which this combination of special forces and CAB could be possible or not?

Thank you to everyone will answer

post-164393-0-63602000-1485987755_thumb.jpg

Another peculiarity of this ACU is this white plastic bar inside. I think that it was used to have the badges perfectly aligned on the chest.

Any opinion?

post-164393-0-92498400-1485988218.jpg

post-164393-0-88594800-1485988223.jpg

Good evening. I wouldn't discount the authenticity of this jacket just yet. Thought it seems unusual I'd think there are circumstances where this configuration of patches/badges could occur. Perhaps the soldier deployed with SF Command as a non-infantry support personnel earning the right sleeve patch and CAB; returned and went through SFQC earning the Special Forces tab and hadn't yet deployed to earn a CIB when this uniform was worn.

With that said what seems different to me is the arrangement of the CAB and Basic Parachutist Badge. If I'm not mistaken the CAB is senior and should be worn above. On the other hand the white backing seems to say to me that they were purposely worn this way. I'd think if it was put together that level of detail (addition of the backing) would be overlooked. I'm curious as to what others have to offer.

With that said what seems different to me is the arrangement of the CAB and Basic Parachutist Badge. If I'm not mistaken the CAB is senior and should be worn above. On the other hand the white backing seems to say to me that they were purposely worn this way. I'd think if it was put together that level of detail (addition of the backing) would be overlooked.

Yes you are right and I thought the same thing. Indeed the CAB is group 1 and should be worn above the basic wings, which instead are group 4.

Let's wait to listen what the others think.

• 6 months later...

I picked this up in a very large grouping from a garage sale including field worn boots, field gear, pretty much everything besides helmet and IOTV. He was in the 577th Prime Beef and had been in the USAF for 20 years and was deployed 9 times.

I am not sure if the patches are on the right sides, the patches were sold seperate

post-163795-0-70163100-1504121189_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I see a lot of ACUs at the flea market but probably 90% do not have any insignia. Yesterday at the flea market I found this light weight hooded ACU camouflage blazer manufactured by Blackhawk which I've never come across before and as a bonus the insignia had not been removed. I also picked up the soldiers identification card, challenge coin and the SSI of the outfit he went to work for after the military.

post-1389-0-11179800-1506224943_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-45840600-1506224972.jpg

post-1389-0-04260800-1506225273.jpg

• 6 months later...
This is the only set I own, it comes from a special forces grouping that I own. I didn't get the badges for the other arm, but you can see the shadowing where the special forces and airborne tab have been.

post-111-0-75437700-1523811262_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to add that as of 10/1/2019, the UCP pattern is no longer used, outside of a few specialized pieces of gear, by the US military.

Consequently, the UCP era of the US Army is now relegated to the history books! UCP ACUs are a retired military uniform like the BDU and DCU.

• 7 months later...
On 2/1/2017 at 2:28 PM, Roby said:

Here is a close-up of the SSI and tabs.

Airborne tab on left sleeve is sewn together with the patch and seems to be theater made.

post-164393-0-45429600-1485988011.jpg

post-164393-0-76344800-1485988020.jpg

The CIB is only authorized when assigned to a brigade or smaller unit. If he was somehow assigned to something larger he could get a CAB but not a CIB. 
It's also possible that at the time he wasn't tabbed yet and was support, not a long tabber. Everything but their doctors would bet a CAB if they engaged in combat. 

• 1 year later...
TheCarDemotic

Here is the jacket I have in my collection. Sadly jacket isn’t original to the patches since  my father threw out his uniforms when he got out. He did keep the patches so I felt obliged to grab a new jacket to display his patches on.

He deployed in 2008 in Kuwait and later Afghanistan with the 82nd Sustainment Brigade of the 82nd Airborne

Funny things of note is the 82nd Sustainment Brigade lost their airborne tab after they returned from Afghanistan in 2011. Since he deployed when they still had the tab, he can wear it with tag as his SSI FWTS. That’s exactly what he did when he was reassigned to ATEC in 2011.

The other funny thing is the recruiter badge is  rattlecanned. He didn’t want to pay $25 for a new non worn out one so he just rattlecanned a dress uniform one. 

B93F7998-29FF-43A1-BC28-64F2846370A7.jpeg.39d08128ffe1a295253c3fda6bb041b2.jpeg

I also have a unit matching undershirt from Afghanistan.B5A73D1B-B71E-4A60-87B7-3D41995AB410.jpeg.64d9f8a6c57c41a65ec14d3bc19e72ee.jpeg

• 9 months later...

I collected all this ACU gear but I did have the tan boots for a while when I worked as a contractor for the US Army Corps of engineers. I did replace the valve assembly on my Camelbak with the modular valve assembly. I did finish up the FLC on mine and I did put quite a few of my AR-15 mags in there with the setup on there it could hold 14 magazines or 12 magazines and a few pistol magazines. I really don't know if I routed the Camelbak hydro tube correctly or not though.

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG