Show Your MARPAT Uniforms

jeremiahcable

jeremiahcable

Thought I'd add a picture of me in Iraq in late '04. This is, as I recall, the start of an extended patrol. Worth noting is that like a lot of marines I wore my gear on the flak jacket. Colors as can been seen were a mix of what could be had.

post-8-1210121483.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...
dlwebster.usmc

Prototype Desert LL blouse and trousers, SM cover. New from 2000, never worn and was extra from the test/eval we did in Twentynine Palms.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dlwebster.usmc

Posted ImagePosted Image

Wore these in Iraq, and until I retired. Still wear the proto boonie cover on occasion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

Very interesting that a grayish blue was introduced into the pattern. Guess it was determined unnecessary in the production model.

CB

• 3 months later...

I noticed something in my brothers set of desert marpats the other day, the pockets are actually made of tri color desert material. Probably nothing surprising to anyone but just something I thought was kinda coolPosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Is it an early contract? Like 2003 or 2004? I've seen woodland and desert marpat mccuus like that, 2006 contract UCP trousers with green pockets, UCP IBAs & accessories with tan interiors and velcro.

Is it an early contract? Like 2003 or 2004? I've seen woodland and desert marpat mccuus like that, 2006 contract UCP trousers with green pockets, UCP IBAs & accessories with tan interiors and velcro.

Just a guess, but does that read as a 2004 contract?Posted Image

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Just a guess, but does that read as a 2004 contract?6a9f5d559637982a1b04136bb631d8b0.jpg

Yes

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/27/2020 at 6:11 AM, Soar said:

Does anyone have pictures / examples of the tiger stripe based pattern used in the initial MARPAT trials?

@kammo-man feel this might be something that is in your collection.

I've got a picture of a fabric bolt of the prototype desert tiger stripe, if that's something you're interested in I can send you a picture of it later on.

• 6 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 12:42 PM, gman5004 said:

I noticed something in my brothers set of desert marpats the other day, the pockets are actually made of tri color desert material. Probably nothing surprising to anyone but just something I thought was kinda coolPosted ImagePosted Image

Found a woodland with pockets like your. 

122A15FF-688C-4578-B99F-439BA308537B.jpeg

• 1 year later...

There's one just for the sake of showing it. Its good camo but i think only when faded and there is too much black sometimes.

I had 2 MARPAT shirts and a jacket tailored like this for airsoft in Croatia. It was good at the time as it was full of local war vets- a lot of good things and different ways of doing things were learned that i never learned in the Canadian Army. Actually its why i added the pockets to have mags easily ready from what they said.

Shirts- snap buttons and pockets like a ww2 jump jacket/or Vietnam jungle jacket- with elastics on the top of the lower pockets (for mags dumping and holding/or recce work).

Jacket- same, but with a hood and inside lined with ww2 US scarf material.

Best Regards,

Pete

aa1.jpg

bb1.jpg