Dummy magazines!

Sabrejet

Good looking fillers to have in lieu of real ones that may walk from a display..

I used to use real magazines with real weapons (minus firing pins) when doing displays but, with all the concern about weapons on campus, I switched to non-firing museum weapons and magazines..

Leigh

M1 Carbine family..

Leigh

Thanks Leigh. Wow you have a real one? If you have posted pics before, can you provide me with a link?

Thanks Leigh. Wow you have a real one? If you have posted pics before, can you provide me with a link?

You're welcome..

No I have not posted pictures of the weapons I own..

Leigh

In the wake of SPR/BoB there were large numbers of moulded rubber dummy carbine mags and Garand clips in circulation which were great fillers, but they are much thinner on the ground these days.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

A local surplus store has "fake" carbine pouches They look quite good except they are stamped way to clearly.

We had some made from another reenactor, they really look like the real deal until you look at them really close (I mean holding them in your hands)

post-123917-0-56396500-1408176088.jpeg

The problem with fake mags is I can find real mags for much much cheaper.

Let me know when you can find some BAR mags cheaper than the dummy mags on the website. I'll buy them all.

It's not exactly the same if you live in Europe, especially in Italy. Real steel magazine are expensive and until a couple of years ago it was also illegal to own them. Same for weapons, no way you can bring them with you at events!

It's not exactly the same if you live in Europe, especially in Italy. Real steel magazine are expensive and until a couple of years ago it was also illegal to own them. Same for weapons, no way you can bring them with you at events!

Depends which part of Europe. Italia maybe...but thankfully not the UK! ;)

Dummy mags would have their uses.

I have been to events over the years where there were certain VIPs and there was a security question. I once got searched 3-4 times to be sure I wasn't carrying live rounds in my M1 belt (I had blanks with a shaped wood block at the bottom of each pouch so you could pull the clips out easily).