Aircraft Carrier Flight Deck Helmet, Personalized

I picked up this flight deck helmet yesterday. According to information I found online the green color could indicate a catapult and arresting gear officer, air wing maintenance personnel, photographer's mate, squadron plane inspector, or liquid oxygen (LOX) crew. I was hoping someone might recognize the design and be able to tell me what ship it was used on.

post-265-0-26955600-1407807732.jpg

Looking for older Virginia Military Institute items: insignia, uniforms, cadet sabers, documents, and groupings belonging to VMI alumni.

Also interested in Virginia Reserve Militia (VRM) uniforms and insignia, or other items of general Virginia interest.

Here's the reverse:

post-265-0-55411400-1407808150.jpg

I really liked the depiction of the skyline of New York with the Twin Towers. Too bad it isn't named!

Looking for older Virginia Military Institute items: insignia, uniforms, cadet sabers, documents, and groupings belonging to VMI alumni.

Also interested in Virginia Reserve Militia (VRM) uniforms and insignia, or other items of general Virginia interest.

Sorry, posted in the wrong area. Moderators, please move to the helmet forum.

Thanks for the info! Just curious - how did you determine if was worn by an aviation electrician?

The "E" identifies the helmet as an Aviation Electrician Mate (AE), There are abbreviations for all the squadron maintenance rates.

T= Aviation Electronics Technician (AT)

D= Aviation Machinists Mate (AD)

M= Aviation Metalsmith (AM)

ME= Aviation Metalsmith (ejection seats) (AME)

P= Plane Captain

O= Aviation Ordnance (AO)

R= Parachute Rigger (PR)

Q= Aviation Fire Control Technician (AQ)

Chris

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Thanks again for the information!