My US Collection

jmpmstr

Couple more embroidered racks from a brother in arms donated to my collection....

MG Billingslea and "unattributed"

post-114-1306972287.jpgpost-114-1306972316.jpg

Corrected: The Guthrie rack is actually unattributed

Closer pics of the LOMs in earlier posts. Both Commander grade. Left is more shiny gilt color, the left is more flat (satin) in the finish and has some enamel damage (and poor repairs) to the arms, but they are one of my favorites so I took a chance. The RB abd LP are pin back, dont know the dates of the badges

post-114-1307197873.jpgpost-114-1307197894.jpg

• 1 month later...

Merchant Marine WW II Victory. Not a sexy medal, but significant in history considering the MM service in the war

post-114-1310169557.jpgpost-114-1310169642.jpg

Navy China group to Eugene John Panaro. Bought this years ago off another forum because he may be a relative of my maternal grandmother. Research and records requests have proved unfruitful, but I keep it just in case.

post-114-1310430509.jpg

This one is my grandfather. He was a WW II vet who spent his life after the war in the VA hospital. He contracted polio and was rendered paralyzed from the neck down so while he was over 6' tall and built like a brick wall, I only knew him full of old time tattoos in his wheelchair. When he passed I was 10 years old and got a cigar box full of miniature medals, infantry brass, patches and the ribbons. The ribbons were mounted on an old plastic mount and are exactly as they came to me (except I added the GCM ribbon). There were additional ribbons (DSC, SS) that I know he was not awarded so I put together the full sized to match what I believe he was entitled to based on his record (before my dog ate it years ago) and what my grandmother told me about.

post-114-1310430987.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Specially Meritorious Service Medal, obviously a restrike, but of the few I have owned it's the best strike with the cleanest details outside having an original.

post-114-1316817648.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
U.S. medal collector
Latest from Tom. A great opportunity to have a traceable by number SS in my collection.

post-114-1292376402.jpgpost-114-1292376483.jpg

I have a numbered silver star also from ww2 ... How do you trace them with the number???

• 2 months later...
Brian Dentino

Sal, I am glad you brought this back to the top again. You have a great collection and I enjoyed viewing through this thread again. Superb, as usual. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

PS, love some of those custom ribbon racks! :thumbsup: