My US Collection

jmpmstr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Small sample of my US collection that is not boxed or cased. Some of the highlights for me are the AFC marked HLP; the Army DSM is a slot brooch piece; Navy BSM with a wrap brooch; the Airman's Medal is an older strike as are all the post 1960s ones. Wrap brooch numbered Army GCM; of course the Sampson (one of 2 that I am lucky to have); the 2 LOM Chief Commanders are 2 of my favorites. ONe is an earlier strike i believe from the 60s, the other is a 70s+ piece with the 12c mark. The Navy group is nothing spectacular in the medals but I bought it from Bill Deinna simply because is is named to a man named Panaro, which is my maternal grandmother's family. So I thought there would be a connection when I get around to researching him. The NYS CSM are just appealing to me aesthetically as well because i am a New Yorker.

I have lots of pre WW I campaign medals as well but keep them in their boxes until I get something to display them in. The cased pieces will come later. Thanks for looking

post-114-1213898468.jpg

Nice Sampson medal Sal!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is not in my hands yet, but it is paid for so I am taking the liberty to post Bill's pics until I can take my own. It probably goes without saying in this community that guys like Bill are all over the place and will always help us out. He was nice enough to work out something with me to get this paid for.

Next to Dewey, this is my favorite...

post-114-1293199210.jpgpost-114-1293199310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Javelin4life

:jeal0001: This collection is absolutely stunning..I've only been collecting for the past few years, and I can only dream of getting some of the medals that you have..If you dont mind me asking, where can you find Dewey and Sampson medals? I've been looking for those for a little and havent had much luck :dunno:

Again, exceptional collection, looking forward to seeing more pics :salute:

• 3 months later...

The latest member of the Sampson family

To William K. Nash, USS Marblehead. Bunch of documents and 2 United Spanish War Vet medals as well...but just the Sampson here

post-114-1302316683.jpgpost-114-1302316699.jpg

• 1 month later...

Early ARCOM and NAVCOM both slot over crimp brooches. I like the older strikes of these vice the current issues.

post-114-1306810997.jpgpost-114-1306811017.jpg

Couple more embroidered racks from a brother in arms donated to my collection....

MG Billingslea and unattributed to date

post-114-1306972287.jpgpost-114-1306972316.jpg