3rd division painted helmet

Guest bigred1

Actually Justin, go back a little in this thread and you'll see that the seller "IS" easy_green... so hats off, you were right.

Actually Justin, go back a little in this thread and you'll see that the seller "IS" easy_green... so hats off, you were right.

Thanks, I can spot dem easy_greens :)

yeah, those chinstraps are an easy green job for sure. all his lids have those wired looking aged chinstraps. still scary though...

If I ever meet James Phipps in public, I plan on beating him to death with his own helmet. If no one was convinced before, they should be now. James Phipps is a crook.......a sideshow medicine man selling castor oil to cure all ills. Even before I read all the posts in this thread, I recognized that helmet as an Easy Green re-creation. Once again, e-bay has proven itself a haven for thieves, liars and con-men.

what this jerk needs is to sell one of his piss pots as real--- rip some one off for a few thousand and get sued in court. this guy is no more then a low life.

this easy green fella has just pissed off everyone who has seen this helmet he has made, and the rubbish that he wrote about it, thats a con he knew what he was doing when he wrote it, in my country he would be done under the fair trading act, whats easy green anyway? easy greenbacks?

Scott,

If the whole "Pastoring thing" doesnt pan out for you, we have a Detective slot open at the Sheriff's Office.......My God that was some impressive investigation on your part!

I emailed garbage_girl(easy_green) pointing out that he should be ashamed. His response through the eBay email system was one of sarcasm asking what I meant by shame. I clicked reply and found that he had not blocked his email address... anyone want to guess who's email address it went to??? :dry:

Gary, anytime that sheriff's deputy thing doesn't pan out for you... we have a place for you in the ministry.... ah, maybe not ;)

I emailed garbage_girl(easy_green) pointing out that he should be ashamed. His response through the eBay email system was one of sarcasm asking what I meant by shame. I clicked reply and found that he had not blocked his email address... anyone want to guess who's email address it went to??? :dry:

Gary, anytime that sheriff's deputy thing doesn't pan out for you... we have a place for you in the ministry.... ah, maybe not ;)

Has anyone ever complained to EBay about this guy? If both EBay accounts are registered to the same person, is there anything they can do to stop such obvious fraud? Or is it too circumstantial to connect the dots... Guy A sells fake helmets. Guy B sells "original" helmets that look like Guy A's fakes. Guy A and Guy B have the same name and email address...

Okay, I'm done venting. crying.gif

Every artist, like every serious poker player has a "tell"......a certain way of doing things, or a "signature" if you will, that differentiates his work from anybody elses. Thats why Josh Murray's work looks nothing like mine, mine nothing like his etc, etc. James Phipp's (AKA Easy_Green) work can be spotted a mile away. All of his painted insignia use the same exact colors, are hand painted, with rounded corners and a slightly haphazard appearance. His patina is also very unique, although I'm at a loss to adequately describe it. (Okay Scott, rub it in..this is one of the few times you will see me at a loss for words :D ) The only thing he has done differently with this helmet as opposed to all of his others is that he has taken an original beater shell and used it as a base. All of his other shells are re-finished. He's obviously given this entire shell one of his classic patinas in an attempt to seamlessly blend the insignia. The problem here is, that he has so overdone it that the results couldnt be more blatantly obvious. As proof, I'm going to do the same thing...recreate the exact same helmet using a beater original FB as a base and post it on e-bay, even going so far as to take photos of the work in progress to post along with it. Anybody want to weigh in on what it will fetch??

As Gary said, he over did it. Something to notice, which I forgot to mention earlier, is that if you look at the easy_green fake, there is patina on the helmet rim... anyone here ever see stainless steal rust?... No?, Me neither. think.gif

EASY GREEN sure knows how to make them look like the real thing, he's good at making fakes, too bad he's a con artist.

Yup, this is from a helmet he has sold

"The WWII Firestone liner is complete with it's original webbing and in very good used condition"

"FIXED bail 2ND RANGERS WW2 M1 HELMET & ORIGINAL LINER

ORIGINAL WW2 FIXED bail HELMET ORIGINAL FIRESTONE LINER"

Liner looks like the easy_green repro age job too me! disgust.gif

post-2305-1214597598.jpg

Gulp! Iwas almost taken when I first read the beginning posts! Damn he is good at it! However, I did think that the playing card symbol was a bit too crude! The ones I've seen have been much better looking and well done! It is getting hard to tell, but with the experts here, we do have word of mouth and great eyes! Cheers to you!

Mike

What is really a shame is that we went from talking about an outstanding original to talking about a cheap fake and a crooked seller all in one thread. Your right costa... waste!

the guy is not a fraud--- no. you got it wrong. hes thumbdown.gif just WASTE!!

Yeah the people buying the Helmet know there fake but still put out the big bucks for them. anyone ever see someone try to resale a easy_green helmet as a easy_green.. " this helmet was done by easy_green" and no one ever bids on them. thats weird.

• 1 month later...

I just read the description on the EBay listing... oh my :unsure:

"3rd ID markings appear to be very real but this helmet is not being represented or sold as an original, but as a display item only."