M1942 Small Wall Tent

2ad82recon

Hi guys just brought one of these tents. Has anyone got any good links to websites about these tents and accessories for them and useage ofthem please ?

Regards

Lloyd

Lloydy,

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you some interesting scans from the QM Catalog about them. I've also transcribed the relevant sections from the Tents and Tent Pitching manual on our website:

http://strictly-gi.com/articles/tent-pitching-wall-tents/

Hopefully, the above will be of some use to you. I didn't forget about the measurements for the markings, by the way, just give me a few days :)

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi Lloyd,

I've got a bit of a tentage obsession and have collected some photos of small walls.

(speaking of a tent age obsession: that massive battalion set on Fury had a couple good bits of WWII canvas)

Rob L.

post-7257-0-61353400-1408414950.jpg

post-7257-0-79598500-1408415427.png

OH i know Rob.....the tank park canvas set was awesome on FURY...if not a little muddy and wet...and full of great Cloverleafs..:-) and boxes as i recall...

Regards

Lloyd

Quartermaster

I must say that the tent bug that bit Rob is the same one that bit me!

Here's a couple of vintage pictures that are probably pre-war of a semi-permanent tent city.

The first is a cozy officer's quarters from the outside and the second is a shot of all the comforts of home on the inside.

Small_wall_tent_city.jpg

Small_wall_tent_interior.jpg

P.S. Lloyd do you still have that Officer's Bedding Roll that you got from me ages ago?