Question about this Black Hawk Flight Jacket

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I picked this up at the flea market today. It is actually a Cold Weather High Temperature Resistant jacket and I was issued one as a BFV crew member. So, technically I guess it is not a flight jacket. It is dated either 1980 or possibly 86 and it isn't in the best of shape. But, I thought the patch was nice enough and the price was low enough so home it went with me. Any information on the Black Hawk patch would be appreciated. Thanks!

post-1412-0-91856300-1407716889.jpgpost-1412-0-84907600-1407716897.jpgpost-1412-0-31186200-1407716909.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Possibly a testing unit for the Blackhawks external tanks/weapons systems ...........

i am not familiar with the SSI, any ideas? I appreciate the information. Thanks!

i am not familiar with the SSI, any ideas? I appreciate the information. Thanks!

97th Infantry Division.

Also, this type was used as a flight jacket-- I was issued one in 1973.

97th Infantry Division.

Manchu Warrior

97th Infantry Division.

I was issued one as a Bradley crew member. So I assumed it was more so a general purpose jacket and I appreciate the information. Thanks!

Manchu Warrior

97th.....the Trident Division. Served in Europe then transferred to Japan for occupation duties.

Ronnie

Much appreciated. Thanks!