That's a great uniform, National Guard STARC patched DCUs are not that easy to find. It brings back memories, I spent three years in Northeastern Iowa teaching ROTC in the early 1990s. Are you aware we recently started a FB page specifically for DCUs and DBDUs? It's at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Kevin

Some really great DCUs here! Figure its about time to start adding some.

Here is one of my favorites, nothing too glamorous just a neat DCU to a small local unit.

I believe this probably belonged to a member of the 224th Combat Engineer Battalion (Iowa Army National Guard) during there Jan-Dec 2005 deployment to Ramadi Iraq. Numerous photos online show this patch combination with IR squares worn by this unit and their attatched medics.

Section of the wikipedia page Ramadi under U.S. Military Occupation.

"The 224th Combat Engineer Battalion (Iowa Army National Guard) served as the Divisional Engineer Battalion, conducting route clearance operations in support of first the 1st Marine Division from January - March 2005, and then to the 2nd Marine Division from March - December 2005"

Kevin

My book, "Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces" is available on Amazon and other booksellers World-wide: www.amazon.com/Desert-Uniforms-Patches-Insignia-Forces/dp/0764352067

Check out our Facebook group on the book and all things Desert Uniform related: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Always looking for:

- Saudi camel tongue rank fobs - DCU Uniforms & Patches - AAFES Pogs - Parachute Rigger Badges - Berlin Brigade Items - Pershing Rifles Items - East German Para Items-

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just approved you. Al (CW4AFB) and I started the page as an opportunity to talk about our upcoming Desert Uniform and Patch book, however in a few short days it's become the place to discuss all things desert uniform related. Kevin

Very nice! I wasnt aware and have just signed up.

Kevin

My book, "Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces" is available on Amazon and other booksellers World-wide: www.amazon.com/Desert-Uniforms-Patches-Insignia-Forces/dp/0764352067

Check out our Facebook group on the book and all things Desert Uniform related: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Always looking for:

- Saudi camel tongue rank fobs - DCU Uniforms & Patches - AAFES Pogs - Parachute Rigger Badges - Berlin Brigade Items - Pershing Rifles Items - East German Para Items-

Nice show mate.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DA Civilian DCU.

Love it! Non-combatant DCUs are a truly under appreciated collecting area.

Kevin

Always looking for:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

here are 3 of my personal sets. My fourth set is on a mannequin.

The bottom one was dry cleaned cause I wore it for a function when we redeployed. The rest are dingy and dirty like they should be

Nice uniforms! I recently picked up this 82nd uniform as I like the velcro added for glint/IR squares. I am curious if this was a theater standard or unit SOP?

post-153545-0-56487200-1454886441.jpg

Here are a handful of my Ranger modified DCUs. The L and R jackets are the small BDU style collar while the middle is the large collar. Both the M and R jackets have name tapes, the M jacket has desert name and US Army tapes while the R jacket only has an OD name tape (never had US Army tape). The L jacket never had either tape. I know the standard varied for these uniforms during the time the 75th wore them.

post-153545-0-88901700-1454886838.jpg

• 1 month later...

post-153751-0-63154100-1458421642.jpg

post-153751-0-33139900-1458421655.jpg

2 Uniforms to the same 4th Infantry Division Staff Sergeant both partially stripped. Both 1999 Dj Manufacturing Corp contracts

post-153751-0-06498900-1458421753.jpg

a SeaBee Petty Officer Second Class Arroyo, the black Sharpie X in the neck is the surplus store's was of marking it for the discount rack. A 1999 Golden Manufacturing Co contract

post-153751-0-93780000-1458421764.jpg

What's this mark stamped in the neck?

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand pictures!

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti

attachicon.gifSeaBee2.jpg

What's this mark stamped in the neck?

It's an inspector's quality control stamp with I presume the inspector's number.

Kevin

Always looking for:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Those are some great DCUs! You will see many more like them on this Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Kevin

Always looking for: