Show Your DCUs

Sbas

Hi

I enclose you views of this USAF uniform, worn during summer 1995 in Saudi Arabia by 98th ARS tankers in TDY.

The insignias were embroidered by tailor shop in Eskan village. The Saoudi rank ("Camel tongue") was worn by personnel working or visiting JTFSWA.

post-1289-1257848906.jpg

post-1289-1257848949.jpg

The two patches were embroidered in Eskan village tailor shop in summer 95.

The 98th ARS (deployed) is a "desert" version of the original squadron patch

post-1289-1257849289.jpg

Best

Croc

I have feeling that this thread is going to be like Tiger Stripes thread, in time, it would get to 100+ pages.

Time for my contribution. But I'll start with my favorite ones: Modified DCU's.

2nd Infantry Division

DSCF3296.jpg

DSCF3297.jpg

DSCF3298.jpg

DSCF3299.jpg

DSCF3300.jpg

I don't remember which unit it is.

DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3302.jpg

DSCF3303.jpg

I have feeling that this thread is going to be like Tiger Stripes thread, in time, it would get to 100+ pages.

Time for my contribution. But I'll start with my favorite ones: Modified DCU's.

2nd Infantry Division

These DCU look familiar for me ;)

The 2nd one is 81st regional support command or support combat readiness (former 81st ID of WW2)

These DCU look familiar for me ;)

The 2nd one is 81st regional support command or support combat readiness (former 81st ID of WW2)

:lol:

Thanks for head up about 2nd DCU.

The thrift shop I frequent, has opened its warehouse doors to the public, and I went over there today. They had stacks and stacks of DCU's in bundles of six or eight; I must have looked at a hundred of them. With my luck, I didn't have much money at this time of the month, but I grabbed ten of them.

I picked up I think three coats to the same warrant officer of the 3rd ACR, with crossed swords surmounted by "3" (his DCU I already have posted in this thread). I also found a badged SF captain's coat with velcro insignia, and a coat that had a 2nd Marine Division patch as the combat patch. I picked up a couple Sergeant Majors' coats that had CIB's, etc. There were so many that I had to leave them behind, but I'll return in a week or so and grab a couple.

Their policy is that they send them over to the store and the customer then pays for them there; if I can get them this evening, I'll post them tonight.

I have my own ACUs from when I was doing sporadic reserve things, but it’s nothing to write home about:

MeInACU.jpg

Beats me why anyone would put money into ACUs. I work within sight of Ft Lewis, and could outfit a company sized group of people in ACUs cheaply with any patches I wanted. It’s way too easy to build something that wasn’t actually military used with no way to know any better.

There is a thrift store about 3 miles from where i work that gets a constant stream of ACU's and DCU's they sell from $2.00 to $6.00 so i am constantly picking up one or two a week. This one is my favorite cost me $2.00. I know the arabic is common on SF uniforms not sure why this one has the direct embroidered arabic on it? Any ideas??

post-3204-1258692520.jpg