Show Your DCUs

Sbas

Additional DCU:

I know it's a bit pedantic but that's a DBDU, not a DCU. DBDU = 6 color "chocolate chip" camo pattern, DCU = 3 color "coffee stain" pattern. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Free French Fighter

Hi,

one of my little collection

post-155504-0-19172700-1445113097.jpg

This one is probably the DCU of the Captain Mitchell, commanding officier of the 111st engineer battalion but if you have any other information it will be with pleasure ;)

attachicon.gif image.jpgattachicon.gif image.jpg

I thought this was an interesting combination of badges for such a low ranking sailor. Does anyone have any ideas on this top?

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=52395

This article from 2010 mentions an EOD tech with the same last name, not sure if it's him...

Well I tracked down the former owner of this top. Turns out he is former Marine Recon during the gulf war and is currently a chief in Navy EOD

post-6201-0-20704900-1445297142.jpgpost-6201-0-44171100-1445297158.jpgpost-6201-0-61115500-1445297165.jpg

Hi,

one of my little collection

attachicon.gifIMG_4829.JPG

This one is probably the DCU of the Captain Mitchell, commanding officier of the 111st engineer battalion but if you have any other information it will be with pleasure ;)

A captain would normally command a company. Battalion would normally be commanded by a Lt. Col. Capt. Mitchell could have been a company commander in the 111th Bn or he could have been part of the Battalion staff. Many battalion staff officers are captains.

Army Close Combat Uniform (CCU) DCU

Worn by Stryker BDE in Iraq. CIB and combat SSI are theater made.

Reversed Indian Head (2ID) patch. I saw some of the local tailor shops do the same thing with the 1st Cav Division patch, too, so the "horse" would not be going backwards on the right sleeve.

Reversed Indian Head (2ID) patch. I saw some of the local tailor shops do the same thing with the 1st Cav Division patch, too, so the "horse" would not be going backwards on the right sleeve.

Yes, like this .... 1st CAV DCU. Combat SSI is theater made with head reversed to face forward. Unfortunately the name tag has been removed.

post-122639-0-60449400-1446077287.jpg

• 2 weeks later...