Show Your DCUs

Sbas

The second DCU belonged to a Colonel who was with the US Army Corps of Engineers. He spent quite a bit of time in Iraq and worked on some major projects to help restore the Iraqi infrastructure. Below is a link to an article written about the Colonel.

If you look closely at the first picture in the article, the same DCU in my collection is the one he is wearing in the picture.

Link: http://ucsdmag.ucsd.edu/magazine/vol2no2/features/soldier.htm

005.JPG

006.JPG

I also picked up a small grouping of DCUs from out of the Ft. Campbell area recently. There were two modified DCUs and one standard DCU with patches. All are the same size and are named to a Sergeant. In the pockets of the modified DCUs were two SF SSI with Airborne tabs sewn together. This soldier would have been attached to the SFG (non-SF qualified) or it was from one of the NG/Reserve SF units. Coming out of Ft. Campbell, I believe it to be a soldier attached to 5th SFG.

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Arch you have some of the most amazing pieces in your collection. Your attention to detail and ability to sniff out info on these pieces is second to none. Stuff like the uniform being worn in country is a rarity in and off itself, but to not only find one and have it be to a high ranking officer is unheard of. The pieces you're picking up will some day be the D-bales of WWII.

Nice shirt, I don't know how come a priest, chaplain could be awarded for Close Combat Badge. He is not supposed to shot...

It's the Combat Action Badge which can be awarded to any US Army service member who, 'performing duties in an area where hostile fire pay or imminent danger pay is authorized, who is personally present and actively engaging or being engaged by the enemy, and performing satisfactorily in accordance with the prescribed rules of engagement.'

• 3 weeks later...

I was cleaning out my basement the other day and found my old DCU field jacket in a box. It has been a few years since I had seen it. It is still in great shape too.

post-153734-0-93472700-1409550226.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up.....I am starting the process of cleaning up this thread. All dead links and posts with no pictures are going to be deleted.

I think DCUs are the going to be the Jungle Jackets of the future.

I agree with you 100%. Such a diverse collecting field with so many combinations of SSI and qualification badges.

I have always had good luck with Google. Type in the rank, last name, and the unit/division that are on the jacket and do a Google search.