Show Your DCUs

Sbas

OOOOOO panzerwerk!!!! I likey! Now I need to keep a look out for this one.

Totally agree with you on that one Merc!!!!

Mercenary25
Totally agree with you on that one Merc!!!!

I never knew that there is another Navy unit that uses same shark logo too. Below is from my collection but now I need to find Maritime Expeditionary Force version!

dscf3614.jpg

Since I'm mainly into WWII uniforms, this might sound like a silly question.

But can someone explain to me why the US arm flag is worn above the patch on some uniforms and below the patch on others?

Thanks.

Erwin

Mercenary25
Since I'm mainly into WWII uniforms, this might sound like a silly question.

But can someone explain to me why the US arm flag is worn above the patch on some uniforms and below the patch on others?

Thanks.

Erwin

Erwin, it is in regulation that the US flag must be under SSI. But ones with flag above SSI you saw are either modified or CCU/CU uniforms. It is logical to put flag above SSI considering the limited space.

shawnmt6601
And the others USMC stuff you shown us in picture come from the same marines (who also worn the DCU FLC assault vest) ? By chance, can you show us pictures of him wearing the DCU FLC assault vest ?

no the other stuff is just surplus store pic ups.

and sorry you cant see the pic. I dont have a copy it was shown to me but its not my property. I had no need to ask him for a picture

This is a nice early one. It has no signs of ever having any insignia present whatsoever.

Any idea if I can research this man?

1982 dated:

post-2063-1279126780.jpg

Erwin, it is in regulation that the US flag must be under SSI. But ones with flag above SSI you saw are either modified or CCU/CU uniforms. It is logical to put flag above SSI considering the limited space.

Thanks for the info, Mercenary. :thumbsup:

There are some really neat jackets on display here.

Erwin

Here's another jacket I receive today. These are the only two jackets I bought in 6 months ! They are not common to find I think and I had the opportunity to get them for really good price.

img_6620.jpg

img_6621.jpg

img_6622.jpg

img_6623.jpg

US Navy modified DCU for a Petty Officer 2nd Class. Have done some research on this jacket and it very possibly may have belonged to a female US Navy combat photographer who was assigned to Fleet Combat Camera Group Pacific. DCU is an X-Small Regular.

dscn0917.jpg

dscn0918.jpg

when i was in the army i had like 9 sets of woodland camo bdu jackets and pants. which basically broken down as follows-x-5-sets of everyday where -x-2-sets for field wear and 2-sets of the socalled inspection ready jackets and pants that where pressed and starched to a inch of there lifes to wear if need along with a about 8 sets of socalled combat boots of the time in regular leather and jungle combat boots for everyday wear and field and inspection ready set..

what made me mad at times was the military would pick one camo pattern and say with it ..my wife used to joke that i had more shoes than she did with the combat boots running shoes and dress shoes in the house..

Here is one of my new DCU's. It is for a Staff Sgt. in the USAF Security Forces. Notice the Basic Parachutists Badge. This is part of a large grouping I was lucky enough to trade into.

DSCN1058.JPG

Sleeve pic. i think the velcro square on this side may have been for the attachment of an armband.

DSCN1059.JPG

Sleeve pic. This side has the ghost of either a 173rd ABN or 10th Mtn. Div. patch. Also note the velcro patch on this side. Not 100% sure what it is for. Glint tape?

DSCN1060.JPG

316th FS 324th FG
Help with my new DCU would be greatly appreciated. Can anybody ID the unit?

dscf4112.jpg

dscf4113.jpg

35th Signal Brigade, they have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan