Show Your DCUs

Sbas

I just spent the last hour and a half re-reading this thread and drooling all over my keyboard. I am amazed at the quality of the DCU's in everyones collections. Absolutely mind-boggling. Keep posting the DCU's!!!!!!!!

Those are the ones you got from me I think! I'm really glad they went to a good home.

Here you go Arch. These are all 'no name' DCUs but were all used by the same guy. I have also included a pic of one of his BDU tops.....there is former patch evidence on the BDU that this guy was regular Army, 2nd Inf. Div., before he went into the Guard and the 29th.

There also exists a 29th double-patched DCU from this soldier, but it is in another collection.

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

everforward
Those are the ones you got from me I think! I'm really glad they went to a good home.

Yep! Love 'em. Many thanks. I may have a line on some others soon, and I'll post them here if it pans out.

Okay....I talked to the Ebay seller on the telephone and the other guy who is selling me the other Stumpf DCU with Civil Affairs collar insignia via email. General concensus...the Stumpf DCU's came from the San Antonio Busby Flea Market. The guy who was selling them, sold them off over a few week period. The flea market dealer sold these jackets originally for $7 a piece. The seller said that along with the Stumpf DCU's came a large amount of field manuals for tanks, guns, mechanics, etc. With the Stumpf lot were also some theatre made insignia and patches. Ebay seller told me that the theatre made insignia was mainly theatre and support command patches, flags, etc. Also there was a ACU West German jumpwings with velcro backing. That one sold on Ebay recently.

As to why the different collar insignia, Ebay seller swears that everything is original as he got it. Don't know why a flea market seller would make up a DCU like this and then sell it for $7. I'll keep you all posted when I hear more.

Arch

Arch,

Officers can change thier basic branch. They can also get trained in other functional areas. Stumpf could well have started with FA as his basic branch, then changed to MP, then qualified in the PSYOPS/CA functional area. Nothing unusual about that at all, especially for a field grade officer.

As for the German jump wings, yes AR 670-1 says it's a no-go, but that's one of the most commonly ignored rules I've seen.

US Marine DCU with Arabic translations written in pen above name tape and US Marines tape. OIF 1 time period.

Now there's a nice uniform. Don't forget to show off the helmet too Arch! And all the other junk that came with it...

Dave

Now there's a nice uniform. Don't forget to show off the helmet too Arch! And all the other junk that came with it...

Dave

Dave,

That uniform is one of my favorites and is displayed with everything that came with it. :thumbsup: Also, thanks for the info!

Arch,

Officers can change thier basic branch. They can also get trained in other functional areas. Stumpf could well have started with FA as his basic branch, then changed to MP, then qualified in the PSYOPS/CA functional area. Nothing unusual about that at all, especially for a field grade officer.

As for the German jump wings, yes AR 670-1 says it's a no-go, but that's one of the most commonly ignored rules I've seen.

Your opinion is interesting, but problem is that all jackets have exactly the same patches (other than branch badges), including RANK ! It's impossible that an officer is active in around 2-4 different branch. He can change his branch with carreer, but not have some different branch at a same level of rank. Do you understand what I try to explain ?

That the reason why the jackets "STUMPF" are too curious/strange...

P-E

shawnmt6601
A Marine veteran told me that Marines weren't issued three color equipment. Before they get widely issued coyote tan gear, they used woodland. Based on many of reference photos I've seen, I never seen a single Marine wear three color MOLLE gear. :think:

maybe he wasnt issued it, but my source is a friend and is a life member of a board that checks Mil service. Friend was also shot in the arm in Iraq. he was a USMC 0311. I got it from him, he used it. I have seen pics of him wearing it. dont know about you , but thats proof enough for me

Very cool jackets. Interesting cut too. I don't think I've seen the velcro above both chest pockets before, however that means nothing. I like them and would have bought them for my collection. :thumbsup:

Mercenary25

Cool DCUs. I have a theory for it. Would two name tapes fit on one velcro? If so, it probably was made so soldier could use both English and Arabic name tapes.

Cheers.

maybe he wasnt issued it, but my source is a friend and is a life member of a board that checks Mil service. Friend was also shot in the arm in Iraq. he was a USMC 0311. I got it from him, he used it. I have seen pics of him wearing it. dont know about you , but thats proof enough for me

And the others USMC stuff you shown us in picture come from the same marines (who also worn the DCU FLC assault vest) ? By chance, can you show us pictures of him wearing the DCU FLC assault vest ?

Your opinion is interesting, but problem is that all jackets have exactly the same patches (other than branch badges), including RANK ! It's impossible that an officer is active in around 2-4 different branch. He can change his branch with carreer, but not have some different branch at a same level of rank. Do you understand what I try to explain ?

That the reason why the jackets "STUMPF" are too curious/strange...

P-E

The ability of an officer to be branch qualified in more than one is branch isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Why Stumpf chose to use multiple BOS on different uniforms is a question only he can answer, but he obviously did it. He also wore German jump wings and a subdued US flag, both prohibited by US Army regulations. Being a field grade officer you can get away with more than your average private.

Not that it makes any difference to me, but I can't see someone going to the trouble of faking up these uniforms and then leaving the name tapes off some, but not others. They look fine to me.