Show Your DCUs

Sbas

I dislike the Ryu jackets...they are too much....they look like fantaisy !

The desert 6 colors camo is older than the desert 3 colors camo...But I'm surprised to see he has higher qualifications on his older desert 6 colors uniforms than on the more recent desert 3 colors uniforms...

- Master diver badge on the older desert 6 colors jackets, and "only" the basic diver badge on desert 3 colors jackets...

- Combat infantryman 3rd Award on desert 6 colors jackets, and "only" the 1st award on desert 3 colors...

That's funny to see that he "lost" qualifications with advance of his career...usualy, you have first the CIB 1st award, and after the 3rd awards. And I can say the same for basic scuba diver badge in comparison with master scuba diver badge...

And there's also a problem...because he has master freefall badges on his desert 6 colors uniforms (the desert 6 colors uniform were no longer used, maybe until 1994 ?)...but freefall badges were introduced later, around 1997 (at this period, there were no more desert 6 colors uniforms used)... : "The Military Free Fall Parachutist Badge designed by Mr. James Phillips of the Special Forces Association was approved by General Dennis J. Reimer, former Chief of Staff of the Army on 7 July 1997".

from http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Uniforme..._fall_para.aspx

So for me they are fantaisy uniforms...

I'm wrong ?

bravo_2_zero
I dislike the Ryu jackets...they are too much....they look like fantaisy !

The desert 6 colors camo is older than the desert 3 colors camo...But I'm surprised to see he has higher qualifications on his older desert 6 colors uniforms than on the more recent desert 3 colors uniforms...

- Master diver badge on the older desert 6 colors jackets, and "only" the basic diver badge on desert 3 colors jackets...

- Combat infantryman 3rd Award on desert 6 colors jackets, and "only" the 1st award on desert 3 colors...

That's funny to see that he "lost" qualifications with advance of his career...usualy, you have first the CIB 1st award, and after the 3rd awards. And I can say the same for basic scuba diver badge in comparison with master scuba diver badge...

And there's also a problem...because he has master freefall badges on his desert 6 colors uniforms (the desert 6 colors uniform were no longer used, maybe until 1994 ?)...but freefall badges were introduced later, around 1997 (at this period, there were no more desert 6 colors uniforms used)... : "The Military Free Fall Parachutist Badge designed by Mr. James Phillips of the Special Forces Association was approved by General Dennis J. Reimer, former Chief of Staff of the Army on 7 July 1997".

from http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Uniforme..._fall_para.aspx

So for me they are fantaisy uniforms...

I'm wrong ?

The SF para smock 6 Colour is dated 1983 , it's stamped irregular too , I'm guessing wouldn't be issued unless surplus store bought ?

The experimental 6 colour ripstop BDU date 1990.

The 3 colour desert jacket with cooler flap date 1990 too.

The SAS para wings , it's the 1st time ever and I mean ever I've seen them worn like that as it's an arm worn qualification patch.

I was going to put made up but I'm not too clued up on badges in this detail.

If I'm correct, a lot of the badges are in improper spots/order also. Also, to have 3 CIB's he would have had to fought during Korea, something between 1961 and 1995, and OIF or OEF.

From wikipedia "f. Second and third awards of the CIB are indicated by superimposing 1 and 2 stars respectively, centered at the top of the badge between the points of the oak wreath. To date, a separate award of the CIB has been authorized for qualified Soldiers in the following qualifying periods:

(1) World War II (7 December 1941 to 3 September 1945).

(2) The Korean Conflict (27 June 1950 to 27 July 1953).

(3) The Republic of Vietnam Conflict. Service in the Republic of Vietnam Conflict (2 March 1961 to 28 March 1973) combined with qualifying service in Laos; Dominican Republic; Korea on the DMZ; El Salvador; Grenada; Joint Security Area, Panmunjom, Korea; Panama; Southwest Asia Conflict; and Somalia, regardless of whether a Soldier has served one or multiple tours in any or all of these areas. The Republic of Vietnam Conflict Era officially terminated on 10 March 1995.

(4) War on Terrorism (Afghanistan, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM) and (Iraq, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM)."

Those jackets are clearly put-togethers.

mayralphie

I also find it odd that the "Ryu" shirts are decked out but have no rank insignia on them. You would think with all that the rank and branch would be on the shirt. When I was at the vehicle show at Ripken Stadium this year I saw one vendor who had alot of made up chocolate chip and dcu uniform shirts. He was selling them as fantasy pieces. They were all made up from new old stock and had never been washed or worn. Alot of them were also marked irregular in the neck.

• 4 weeks later...
joefriday22

I don't normally pick up too many BDU's because they are a dime/dozen around my house..they are everywhere. I was at a thrift store a few days ago and they had about 30-40 woodland and DCU shirts. They are always $4.99 except on Wednesday, on Wednesday all clothing is 50% off so they were $2.50 each including the NWT Army digital camo. Although I don't buy much of this stuff I always sort through them and do pick up a few here and there just for the heck of it.

Camoshirts1.jpg

SEALDCU.jpg

shirt2.jpg

shirt3.jpg

Rob

Sir, your DCU and ACU are realy nice ! You'd better buy them all at this price and try to resell them with small benefit to other collector like me ! :thumbsup: I'm jaleous of the price you paid ! You can be sure that if I was american and able to find them at this price, I'ld bought the whole lot !!!

1986 data desert camo

This RYU jacket appears to be made up to me. To many badges, and they look too new. Why the rigger wings ??? Just my 2cents

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I posted a few more pics of the ucp delta's below in the following thread "Full set of UCP Delta trial pattern". If anybody is interested.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Here is a pic of me in DCU's in the turret of my BFV. I just found this on one of my old flash drives. Should be about July 2004 near Tikret, Iraq.

Thanks,

Jimmy

post-19270-1313022835.jpg

Here is a pic of me in DCU's in the turret of my BFV. I just found this on one of my old flash drives. Should be about July 2004 near Tikret, Iraq.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Thanks for sharing this picture ! As Jeremy said, it'ld be cool if you can add a picture of your DCU !

What's your unit ? I see it's 30th Infantry Brigade patch, but what's your regiment and company ? Were you deployed with the 1st Battalion, 252nd Regiment ? Don't know if the 252nd was in Tikrit, but apparently they were deployed in Iraq at the same period (OIF II). I've a jacket from a member of HHC, 1/252nd Armored Regiment.

Ok, I have a picture of one set of my DCU's from that period. Not sure if it is the set. See Below.

My unit was C Co 1ST BN, 120TH IN. And yes we are part of the 30TH. My company along with TRP E, 196TH CAV, HHC 1/120TH IN and a company from 1/105TH ENG were at FOB Bernstein between Tikrit and Tuz. June 2004-Jan 2005. As far as

I know 1ST BN, 252ND AR was southeast of us on the Iraq/Iran. Not sure of the town or FOB. They left their Abrams home and rolled HMMWV's then. We Mech Infantry guys got to take our BFV's.

Thanks,

Jimmy

post-19270-1313106828.jpg

aussie digger

Well figured its time to start posting up some of my OIF/OEF uniforms and may as well start with one of my favourites. Also great UCP-D uniforms, if anyone wants to sell a worn set or just shirt let me know! Or i have plenty of OEF aussie uniforms worn by myself to trade.

US NAVY E.O.D dcu uniform with all theater made insignia.

eod1.jpg

Uploaded with No_outside_hosting.us

eod2z.jpg

Uploaded with No_outside_hosting.us

Found this one at the flea market today. Thought it may be worthy for this thread. Never seen a USAF DCU (or any other uniform) with a US Army patch on the pocket. Tabs I have seen on the sleeve, but this was odd to me. The qualification badge is a Master Intelligence badge.

Steve

post-5041-1313276770.jpg

aussie digger

Thanks guys! Probably should have saved this one for last. I started picking these up on deployment while working alongside US forces and never realised how addictive they are, along with trying to find ANA uniforms!

Picked up 85 pieces of camo along with some other stuff this morning.

Here's a sampleing of the DCU:

IMG_1613.jpg

camo11.jpg

camo13.jpg

Here's the pile, almost all of the camo in Airborne tabed:

camo2.jpg

camo1.jpg

camo3.jpg

camo8.jpg

This older BDU shirt surprised me:

IMG_1612.jpg

dress1.jpg