Show Your DCUs

Sbas

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody !

Here's one of my "arabic" uniform. The name that was remove is "BARANINO". And for information, this sort of uniforms with arabic were worn principaly by translator / traductor or by soldiers that have some contacts with local people (by example : civil affairs, medics,...), not only the Special Operations forces !

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

Here's picture I find on internet showing the wear of that sort of uniform :

In%20DCUs%20At%20Saddams%20Palace%20Nick%20LaMantia%20USPoStal%20HeadquartersBaghdad,Iraq09335.jpg

Picture took in Iraq. The soldier work as US postal agent.

Arabic%20uniform.jpg

traducteur%20US%20army.jpg

médecin%20militaire%20traducteur.jpg

080606-F-9999S-002.jpg

061225-F-0000R-001.jpg

I hope this helps,

P-E

And here's one "Naval Coastal Warfare" (US Navy) uniform. I do not know what it's for function, but it's unusual.

511516227_1ebc4cf373.jpg

Capture%20plein%20écran%2012122009%20122554.bmp.jpg

Capture%20plein%20écran%2012122009%20122504.bmp.jpg

I bought it the week before, I wait to receive it in the following days.

DCU named to Captain George Sakakini. He was "Medical Director and Officer In Charge of the Deployed Warrior Medical Management Center in Germany. For nine months, he ensured proper care for every wounded service member and worked on a data base that helped track the approximate 10,000 patients treated at Landstuhl during that period. He later returned to Parris Island to treat Marine Corps recruits and Navy families. In 2006, he was transferred to Hawaii where he cared for Navy and Marine Corps families. In August 2008, he deployed to Iraq for six months where he treated trauma casualties on the front lines. Currently, he is back in Hawaii providing care to Navy active duty personnel and their families."

Link to biography: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-rele...hcare-96971.php

018.JPG

Lt.Col. Akin DCU with 18th ABN. Corps patch on left sleeve. I received several uniforms that belonged to a husband and wife team who were both high ranking officers in the US Army. Both were heavily involved in logistics for the US Army. Both of these officers had pretty impressive careers.

019.JPG

020.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions about my recent DCUs.

What is this badge on right collar?

dscf3613.jpg

Special Forces patched but without SF tab. So it would be worn by support troops who were assigned to SF units, correct?

dscf3612.jpg

Thanks for help.

And here's one "Naval Coastal Warfare" (US Navy) uniform. I do not know what it's for function, but it's unusual.

511516227_1ebc4cf373.jpg

Capture%20plein%20écran%2012122009%20122554.bmp.jpg

Capture%20plein%20écran%2012122009%20122504.bmp.jpg

I bought it the week before, I wait to receive it in the following days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Coastal_Warfare

Sadly, Navy stuff is way underrated but there's some cool stuff out there.

Here's mine.

dscf3614.jpg

dscf3615.jpg

Couple of questions about my recent DCUs.

What is this badge on right collar?

dscf3613.jpg

The badge is "General Staff" ;

General%20Staff%20Sew-on%20Officer%20Badge.jpg

Image93.gif

General Staff

Branch Insignia: The coat of arms of the United States, 5/8 inch in height, of gold color metal superimposed on a five-pointed silver color star, one inch in circumscribing diameter. The shield to be in enamel stripes white and red, chief of blue, and the glory blue.

On 17 June 1904, the Chief of Staff of the Army, Lieutenant General Chaffee, approved the design of the General Staff insignia to take effect 1 July 1904. The device has been in continual use since that date. The insignia was originally worn only by officers, in the grade of captain and above, detailed to the General Staff Corps. Authority for its wear was later extended to officers detailed to General Staff Corps with troops. At the time the Department of the Army was established as the legal successor to the War Department, the word "Corps" in the title of branch officers detailed to the General Staff Corps was dropped. The device is now worn by officers detailed in orders to the Army General Staff and to General Staff with troops.

The star is symbolic of the highest level in the Army, and the Arms of the United States allude to the mission of the General Staff which is to exercise General Staff supervision over the management of the land forces of the United States.

Branch Colors: No color assigned.

find on : http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinf...anches/blgs.htm

173rd Airborne modified DCU. Unfortunately...the uniform has been stripped, but I was able to find the insignia in the surplus store patch bin. This will be a snowy Winter day restoration project. :thumbsup: Soldier is now serving with the 19th Special Forces Group.

002.JPG