DCU, 1991 dated

PB020030.jpg

DCU006.jpg

Seabees DCU

DCU008.jpg

1986 dated 6-color Desert

DCU009.jpg

DCU010.jpg

Do you want the ABU too? This one is 07 dated, and was issued. It doesnt have the interior pockets.

PB020027.jpg

DCU013.jpg

I picked this one up at a local thrift shop. Wasn't sure exactly what it was but a few forum members were able to ID it for me. It is part of the USMC FROG clothing. FROG is Flame Resistant Organizational Gear and is United States Marine Corps clothing designed to reduce the number of injuries resulting from fire and flash, due to the increased use of IEDs in the Iraq War. The FROG system consists of a long-sleeve shirt, T-shirt, combat shirt, combat trousers, gloves, and a balaclava. The shirts and trousers are done in MARPAT. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_Resista...nizational_Gear )

post-203-1257163321.jpg

Misanthropic_Gods
I picked this one up at a local thrift shop. Wasn't sure exactly what it was but a few forum members were able to ID it for me. It is part of the USMC FROG clothing. FROG is Flame Resistant Organizational Gear and is United States Marine Corps clothing designed to reduce the number of injuries resulting from fire and flash, due to the increased use of IEDs in the Iraq War. The FROG system consists of a long-sleeve shirt, T-shirt, combat shirt, combat trousers, gloves, and a balaclava. The shirts and trousers are done in MARPAT. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_Resista...nizational_Gear )

post-203-1257163321.jpg

Damn dude, you found a FROG shirt in a thrift shop!?! I need to move where you are :P those things can get expensive! I always liked the USMC FROG stuff better than the Army's Combat Shirt. The FROG is more durable, plus it doesnt have that logo right in the center of the chest

One interesting thing to notice on CPT Larson's dcu is the use of the small US Flag on the lower left sleeve under the SSI. This was done because the 173rd was stationed in Italy and, so far as I know, NATO or Statue of Forces agreements required this flag to be worn. This is a much smaller flag than the one currently worn on the right sleeve.

I was stationed in Italy in 1974-76 in the Army and we did not wear a US flag patch on our uniforms. I do not know what the Status of Forces Agreement might have specified then or now, but I think the 509th Airborne Battalion Combat Team in Vicenza did wear the small US flag under the SSI then. That was the airborne unit in Italy at that time. I have a field jacket and a "jungle" shirt from the 509th or 325th (reflagged 509th) with SETAF SSI and and a small US flag underneath.

You added the patches or wore this? Thanks!

Not unless I take out American citizenship! I wanted an ACU to add to my collection of modern US combat wear. At the time they were only just being issued to the Army, therefore there was no surplus market. So, I bought a new set from a supplier in the US and had customised name tapes patches made to order. Trouble is, ACUs have removeable patches. When the older woodland and desert BDUs came onto the surplus market they still had their patches attached. Ain't gonna happen with ACUs...hence my customised example. It's purely for display..never been worn!

Ian

US Navy DCU with JTF GTMO patch. I have two from the same soldier in my collection. Even though the name tapes have been removed, I do have the name of the individual that owned these.

009.JPG

010.JPG