Show Your DCUs

Sbas

• 1 month later...

I picked two US Contractor DCU's today. I am only including pictures of one becasue both of the jackets are identical. Even though there is a high number of contractors in Iraq, you very seldom see any US Contractor or DOD Civilian uniforms. I think the ratio right now is 1 contractor to 1 US soldier in Iraq. A 1 to 1 ratio!!!!

abc_055.jpg

abc_056.jpg

Got myself some new jackets!

1. A 4th Inf Div Captain (notice the green 4th div patch on the combat side)

4thcaptmc5.jpg

2. A 1st Cav Div Spec. medic

1stcavmedicgx4.jpg

3. A 4th Inf Div Pvt. (Notice the intresting name tape, does anyone know thise type?)

dcu4thpvtlh1.jpg

usarmytapeyp3.jpg

KEEP ON SHOWING MORE DCUs GUYS thumbsup.gif

Sebas

• 1 month later...

Here's a nice coat I picked up today at the "vintage" store. Unfortunately it was being sold with a random pair of DCU pants as a "costume" so I had to pay thirty bucks.

I noticed that the now-obsolete Warrant Officer branch insignia was sewn on the underside of the left collar.

dscn2616ij1.jpg

dscn2615af0.jpg

Here is my favorite with me in it....lmao. Will post pics of my others when I get home. This is the only pic I got of me wearing them right now. This one has all theater made insignia on it the flag being the only exception.

IMG_0001.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi, this is my first post here but I too wanted to share some pictures of my favorite DCUs from my collection.

-Derek

100_7223.jpg

100_8370.jpg

100_8144.jpg

100_8373.jpg

100_9242.jpg

100_9941.jpg

colonel_28thBW2.jpg

And finally, a few interesting souvenir type boonie hats that appear to be locally made - they aren't USGI issue hats. I found these in a thrift shop!

IMG_0092_sm.jpg

IMG_0093_sm.jpg

Here are two of my favs,

Sgt ray Torres, 1st Force recon 1st Gulf War,

Ive got a bunch of his stuff including his MEU cruise book, from 97 and a bunch of his stuff from the gulf war, including his body armor and Ghile suit, and original photos and gold wing ceremony,

p

post-2472-1234319840.jpg

post-2472-1234319850.jpg

• 3 months later...

I picked this up today at the local "vintage" store. I'd seen it before but never got it because the left sleeve was always facing inwards, on the rack. Anyway, the other pocket patch is missing but I'd imagine it's a tactical air control squadron.

click to enlarge

dscn2756.th.jpg

I picked this up today at the local "vintage" store. I'd seen it before but never got it because the left sleeve was always facing inwards, on the rack. Anyway, the other pocket patch is missing but I'd imagine it's a tactical air control squadron.

click to enlarge

dscn2756.th.jpg

Very nice USAF uniform!!!!!

Arch

I corresponded with someone who said he'd sell his old DCU coat; it has SETAF patch (with airborne tap) and Third Army patch along with major's rank, MP crossed pistols, and army and name tapes which I think are the removable velcro kind.

He wanted $25 for it...is that a good price?

I corresponded with someone who said he'd sell his old DCU coat; it has SETAF patch (with airborne tap) and Third Army patch along with major's rank, MP crossed pistols, and army and name tapes which I think are the removable velcro kind.

He wanted $25 for it...is that a good price?

I'd certainly pay $25 for a DCU like that, especially an officers DCU. Some people are only willing $10 or $15 for DCU's, butI will pay more than that for a good patched DCU. Hope this helps!!!

Arch

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a very cool modified DCU in rip stop fabric .

This one has had lower pockets added to both arms .

The chest pocket reelined .

Velcro added to pockets and chest .

Velcro added to colar for rank .

post-2009-1245800765.jpg

• 2 months later...
I noticed that the now-obsolete Warrant Officer branch insignia was sewn on the underside of the left collar.

dscn2615af0.jpg

LOL, I know this guy. And having the Warrant Branch insignia sewn to the underside of the collar is still a common form of protest over losing the Squashed Bug.