Show Your DCUs

Sbas

It's nice to see this desert uniform tread revived, those are some great DCUs and DBDU. Patched DBDUs with name tapes seam to be getting harder and harde to find.

It's nice to see this desert uniform tread revived, those are some great DCUs and DBDU. Patched DBDUs with name tapes seam to be getting harder and harde to find.

Agreed! I have been looking for a patched DBDU (with a CIB) for a long time, they just aren't out there.

• 2 months later...

Picked up this 25th ID modified uniform at the flea market for a lieutenant with the Air Defense Artillery. Interesting use of Velcro for all pockets and front closure.

post-1389-0-63123600-1555702966_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Skysoldier80

Here are the only ones that I have left; The rest were cut up into a quilt for my middle child

theater made CIBs, Ghost 1st Cav Div patches under 4th ID, and accompanying respective combat patches.  Got when I came home worn all of my second deployment.

we were not allowed to wear boonies unless they were cut down; which you see.

3CF9451C-29A6-4D9C-81F2-6645DA581288.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, Skysoldier80 said:

we were not allowed to wear boonies unless they were cut down; which you see.

Wow, why did they make you cut them down?  They let us wear our boonies unmodified.  Seems like it would protect you better from the sun that way.

Skysoldier80
On 8/15/2020 at 12:01 PM, turko said:

Wow, why did they make you cut them down?  They let us wear our boonies unmodified.  Seems like it would protect you better from the sun that way.

Because according to our CSM, they looked sloppy; He was an old CAG guy.  There were prescribed measurements for the bills.  Honestly they worked just fine with the mandatory eye protection that we wore everywhere.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 3:44 PM, Skysoldier80 said:

Because according to our CSM, they looked sloppy; He was an old CAG guy.  There were prescribed measurements for the bills.  Honestly they worked just fine with the mandatory eye protection that we wore everywhere.  

A shortened brim is also more practical in some areas. Enough to keep most of the sun off your face and neck, but not so big it blocks your vision.