Show Your DCUs

Sbas

Nice looking 28th div DCUs. Looks like they used the BDU keystone patches for the DCU jacket. Very nice!!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

When I was taking pics, I thought these would probably be boring compared to the others on here.

Thanks Chris!

When I was taking pics, I thought these would probably be boring compared to the others on here.

Very nice tops, 28th DCUs are very hard to find.

Is that a US flag on the right shoulder? Is it attached with velcro? Really neat DCU

Thanks! It is a US flag velcro'ed on the right shoulder. I was lucky enough to hit the lucky bag right after he dropped off his uniforms, just before he retired from the CG and took over the TSA. One of the perks of being stationed at HQ!!!! The Chief's Mess was in the process of removing the insignia (literally just starting- nothing was removed yet) when I came along and offered to take them for a donation to the Mess. They seemed to be very confused as to why someone would want DCUs(especially his) with the insignia still on it. I was also lucky enough to get a NSWs(green) and a few other items.

Hardheaded,

I've been collecting and researching 28th ID items for years, and that's the first time I've ever seen Black BDU Keystones on DCU's. Pretty interesting.

-Heft

Hardheaded,

I've been collecting and researching 28th ID items for years, and that's the first time I've ever seen Black BDU Keystones on DCU's. Pretty interesting.

-Heft

I didn't know that they were a little different. Good to hear that some of you guys like them. I've been passing over 28th stuff for years because I've seen a lot of it. Now I've been picking it up/collecting it when I see it. Kinda like when I got out of the Army and saw piles of $2 and $3 steel pots and just kept on walking because I'd seen a lot of them and hated them when I had to wear one.

HH

This is a recent pick up. USN LCDR who was the Skipper of the USS Zephyr PC-8 and the USS Typhoon Patrol boats. He eventually was the Skipper of the USS San Antonio LPD-17.

post-10825-0-45476100-1448475780.jpeg

Here is my latest find. Looks like a very early 3 color DCU with OD shoulder patches and desert name tapes. I'm not sure if this unit was issued 3 color DCU's during Desert Shield/Desert Storm but maybe was in Somalia afterward. The combat patch is 10th Mountain while the present unit is 24th ID. Is there anyway to find out more about the unit that is penned in the collar size tag?

Also came with a pair of trousers as well and has a name tape over the right hip pocket. Both trousers and jacket are named to the same person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do apologize about the photos, this is my first time.

post-138122-0-78181300-1448601231.jpg

post-138122-0-68482500-1448601243.jpg

post-138122-0-07197000-1448601256.jpg

The combat patch is 10th Mountain while the present unit is 24th ID. Is there anyway to find out more about the unit that is penned in the collar size tag?

Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1-41st FA. TOC means the soldier worked at the battalion Tactical Operations Center or TOC.

Looks like 1-41 Artillery is still at Fort Stewart (which is where the 24th ID was during Desert Storm.) Some time in the late 90's the 24th was deactivated and reflagged as the 3id.

Based on that alone it appears to be a late Desert Storm or post Desert storm/pre OEF jacket. Since the 24th ID was part of the rapid deployment forces to the Middle East it would be reasonable for a 24th ID soldier in the mid- to late-90's to have a set of DCUs to wear in case of a deployment or rotation to the sandbox. Remember that we kept significant numbers of troops in Kuwait from 1991 all the way up through the start of the war in Iraq, and those units were usually on 6 - 9 month rotations.

Here's a link to the unit info:

http://www.stewart.army.mil/units/history.asp?id=151

Here is my latest find. Looks like a very early 3 color DCU with OD shoulder patches and desert name tapes. I'm not sure if this unit was issued 3 color DCU's during Desert Shield/Desert Storm but maybe was in Somalia afterward. The combat patch is 10th Mountain while the present unit is 24th ID. Is there anyway to find out more about the unit that is penned in the collar size tag?

Interesting uniform. Although some units of the 24th ID(M) did get 3-color after the end of fighting in Desert Storm, the 10th Mountain "combat patch" has to be from service in Op Restore Hope in Somalia 1993-94. 10th Mountain didn't deploy for Desert Storm, so Somalia was the only conflict at the time that would have earned the SSI-FWS or "combat patch". 24th ID(M), including 1-41st Field Artillery, were also in Somalia and they did wear 3-color (10th Mountain was still wearing "chocolate chips" in Somalia). I suppose it's possible this soldier served with 10th Mountain in Somalia, then transfered to the 24th ID(M) and then went back to Somalia, all within two years, but that seems unlikely. I would say this is actually from Operation Vigilant Warrior in 1994 when 1-41st FA, as part of 24th ID(M) deployed to Kuwait. 24th ID(M) reflagged as 3d ID(M) in 1996, so the Kuwait deployment was the last one for the Victory Division.

I picked up this DCU jacket at a farm flea market up here in Canada in 2014... $10

What immediately stood out for me was the rank tabs and the sub insignia

I did some online research and came up with Cmdr. Tony Grayson ...

Stationed in Bahrain about 2011 .. Current skipper of USS provenance (SSN-719)post-161325-0-40733200-1449530119.jpg

I keep getting provenance not the city in Rhode Islande

Yes, this is because of the forum's built-in "autocorrect" set up by the forum mods/admins. They felt too many collectors were confusing the term "provenance" with other similar sounding words. So, now we are stuck with Provenance, Rhode Island and the U.S.S. Provenance. Fricken hilarious!!!

These kinds of situations show why auto-correct is no excuse for education.

Nice DCU!!

I fluky picked up 3 of these ... All identical RICHMOND / USCENTAF with the white tags still on a few years back over 2 visits to a farm flea market a few weeks apart... Lots of USAF DCU jackets were floating around here a couple years back.. Mostly USAF then ARMY...NAVY few and far between.. USMC almost never..post-161325-0-08915700-1449867378.jpg

Virtually new M-65.. Has anyone got any pics of the DCU M-65 in service...

I have one somewhere of some AF types working on some comm equipment in the states...

Other that that none come to mindpost-161325-0-53631200-1449890277.jpg