Show Your DCUs

Sbas

Think I might of found her, very sad story...- http://www.fayobserver.com/fort-bragg-sergeant-found-dead-at-home/article_48e9a0c7-2cd5-5739-a04a-f88e1dcf1798.html?mode=jqm

http://www.wral.com/bragg-soldier-shot-to-death-in-raeford-home/8595228/

There is one or two there people with this name, is there anyway to prove who it is?

When I initially Googled the name, I thought it might have been her. However, your DCU has a CIB which is only awarded to the Infantry. With her being a woman, that would preclude her from being in the Infantry and being awarded the CIB.

When I initially Googled the name, I thought it might have been her. However, your DCU has a CIB which is only awarded to the Infantry. With her being a woman, that would preclude her from being in the Infantry and being awarded the CIB.

Good point, don't know why I didn't think of that. Nice DCUs by the way!

I don't know, but maybe one of the members who is up on USAF regulations concerning qualification badges can answer that question.

Here is another one from my collection. This is a DCU set that was worn by a Master Sergeant in the early part of Afghanistan (2001 to 2002 time period). Note the position of the SCUBA badge is in the same place on both DCUs.

00136.jpg

I don't know, but maybe one of the members who is up on USAF regulations concerning qualification badges can answer that question.

Here is another one from my collection. This is a DCU set that was worn by a Master Sergeant in the early part of Afghanistan (2001 to 2002 time period). Note the position of the SCUBA badge is in the same place on both DCUs.

00136.jpg

Im guessing a PJ?

Can someone (Arch?) provide a timeline on the wearing of the flags? Which flag was worn when? Also did the timeline differ depending on the service? For example in 2004, the Air Force didn't wear the flags on their DCUs (at least not where I was), but I believe the Army did.

Can someone (Arch?) provide a timeline on the wearing of the flags? Which flag was worn when? Also did the timeline differ depending on the service? For example in 2004, the Air Force didn't wear the flags on their DCUs (at least not where I was), but I believe the Army did.

The Army began to phase in the flag on the BDU/DCU towards the end of 2003. It was a 2 year phase in period and was manditory for all soldiers by October 2005. Reference Army Regulation 670-1. NOTE: This was for the Army as a whole, they may have worn it earlier than that in certain AOR's but I do not know.

As for the Air Force, in general I have never known this branch to have flags on the uniforms unless assigned to a specific AOR. For example, when I was tasked to go to Bosnia in 2002 I was told that I would be required to put one onto my uniform. I never did get that put on since I broke my wrist and got pulled from the team (which got diverted to a base in the middle east). Security Forces have put flags on their brassards, I never saw them directly on the uniform. Officially the flags were supposed to be in color but one of mine that still has the desert version on it. The brassards are worn on the left arm so the flag was not "backwards" as the Army wears them. This was prior to the switch to the ABU and Multicams. I do not know the official rule for the flag in Afghanistan for the Air Force today...but I know they have switched over to the the Multicam for those serving in Afghanistan.

The Army began to phase in the flag on the BDU/DCU towards the end of 2003. It was a 2 year phase in period and was manditory for all soldiers by October 2005. Reference Army Regulation 670-1. NOTE: This was for the Army as a whole, they may have worn it earlier than that in certain AOR's but I do not know.

As for the Air Force, in general I have never known this branch to have flags on the uniforms unless assigned to a specific AOR. For example, when I was tasked to go to Bosnia in 2002 I was told that I would be required to put one onto my uniform. I never did get that put on since I broke my wrist and got pulled from the team (which got diverted to a base in the middle east). Security Forces have put flags on their brassards, I never saw them directly on the uniform. Officially the flags were supposed to be in color but one of mine that still has the desert version on it. The brassards are worn on the left arm so the flag was not "backwards" as the Army wears them. This was prior to the switch to the ABU and Multicams. I do not know the official rule for the flag in Afghanistan for the Air Force today...but I know they have switched over to the the Multicam for those serving in Afghanistan.

Great info thank you

Hey Arch ,

Whats the BEST DCU you have ever seen - owned ?

owen

The Mitchell Special Forces DCU I bought for $2 with entirely theater made insignia. Good question, O.

post-510.jpg

post-512.jpg

post-513.jpg

post-514.jpg

post-515.jpg

post-517.jpg

Here is a SEAL DCU and modified BDU I found at a local thrift store. The named SEAL DCUs are hard to come by here and I felt fortunate to find this one. I believe this is an earlier DCU top. The PO2 rank patches have the older border on the edges. The DCU top is a 1996 contract and the BDU is a 1999 contract.

Chris

post-10825-0-75661100-1414244198.jpg

post-10825-0-48286400-1414244513.jpg