Show Your DCUs

Sbas

avidcollector

Was $20 dollars to much for a Marine Marpat uniform, that is named?? Will take any opinions.

Thanks~Randy

avidcollector

It did come with pants and 2 type of identification cards.

I'll put some photo's up in the next couple of days.

flashesandovals

b4647b7b6324287979da98c8373eb228.jpg

Picked this up super cheap , looks unissued or worn for a very very short period as in hours.

That Lt bar looks as if it is positioned like Enlisted rank insignia... something wrong with that.

is there a BOS on the other collar end?

• 4 weeks later...
avidcollector

Do any of you have od green 101st airborne patches with velcro backing? If so I'm willing to pay for it, because I'm making an early 101st airborne acu display. And if you know some where I can purchase the patches.

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you have od green 101st airborne patches with velcro backing? If so I'm willing to pay for it, because I'm making an early 101st airborne acu display. And if you know some where I can purchase the patches.

Sorry I gave the ones I wore to a friend. However, I think you can buy them still through Eagles of War out of Clarksville, TN. They had some listed on their website.

Wade

• 2 weeks later...
avidcollector

Sorry I gave the ones I wore to a friend. However, I think you can buy them still through Eagles of War out of Clarksville, TN. They had some listed on their website.

Wade

THANKS!!! I ended up finding a set now just need to get the od velcro U.S.ARMY tape and od velco Sargent rank and I already got those coming in. Will post an up date when I get the small display put together.

• 2 weeks later...
avidcollector1

Do any of you have a picture or a uniform of a multicam uniform with acu branch, name, rank, and unit patches? Real curious on this one since the transition patches for the acu's was od green, I was wondering if the transition patches for the multicam uniforms was the acu patches.

Thank~Randy

• 2 weeks later...
PriorityOne

The jacket is just a junk Tru-Spec "made in china" jacket, but the tapes and patches are on three color ripstop fabric (looks like us made fabric). My questions are, why were these patches made, are they common, and are they theater made? Thanks!!

post-153263-0-30317300-1402939785.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
avidcollector1

The jacket is just a junk Tru-Spec "made in china" jacket, but the tapes and patches are on three color ripstop fabric (looks like us made fabric). My questions are, why were these patches made, are they common, and are they theater made? Thanks!!

Unique looking tapes, and I have Tru-Spec ACU top that is made in America, its pretty tough jacket because I wear it almost all year round. And I also have a Navy jacket and I believe it has In Country made name tapes.

avidcollector1

What camo if your jacket that has country made tapes? And if you can post a picture of it.

Its also a DCU. And as I said I believe they are in country.

post-153135-0-39463800-1405021935.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

One of my best dcu for 2014 (for the moment), the jacket from a baptist chaplain in us navy (Seabees). The name is Lewis Dolan, there is chaplain commander in 3rd naval construction regiment.

_5711.jpg

_57d13.jpg

_57ee12.jpg

regenc10.jpg
Picture of the chaplain commander (right)

I search more infos and pictures of the chaplain commander Lewis Dolan.

Thanks a lot
Guilhaume

After reading the various threads about collecting quality vs quantity, I have decided to slow down a bit and focus on unique items. I haven't been buying a lot lately because a lot of the common items I already have in the collection. However, I did find these two DCUs for a great price and just couldn't resist.

The first one is an entirely direct embroidered DCU named to a Captain in the USAF who was a pilot. DCU is dated 1990, has the side take-ups, and has a yoke in the neck area. I have shown this to several collecting friends and we all agree this could have been a DCU used during Operation Northern Watch or Operation Southern Watch. We also agree that the embroidery looks Middle Eastern. Thoughts on where the embroidery was done?

I have collected DCUs for years and this is the only one I have run across that has ALL direct embroidery. I'm sure there are more examples out there, but this is the only one I've found.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG