Show Your DCUs

Sbas

mondo_fondo

More pics of these. The 2 DCU's were recent purchases. The Marine Corps DCU was worn by a Marine in the Push north To Baghdad. He was there when they toppled the Saddam Statue. He retired from the Corps After His first tour and Came back and Joined the National Guard. He served another tour in Iraq with them. that is why He has a 1st Marine Division Patch as his previous unit patch. I put extra pics of the mold stains and White Fade spots from the soap.

post-118766-0-88233100-1372025391.jpg

post-118766-0-44553900-1372025408.jpg

post-118766-0-97542900-1372025419.jpg

post-118766-0-34142300-1372025436.jpg

mondo_fondo

more pics of the Jacket. Airborne tag needs to be sewn on a little more. It's falling off a little. The ACU is a new one. I was told it was general John Campell's ACU he wore. I don't know if this is positive. Please don't put any bad comments.

post-118766-0-75602900-1372025851.jpg

post-118766-0-66972800-1372025867.jpg

post-118766-0-93000900-1372025930.jpg

Why would there be a Ranger qualification tab over the combat patch???

Sergeant 1st Class, 1st Special Forces Group, 3rd Ranger Battallian with a combat drop from Operation Rhino (2001.)

IMG_6760.jpg

flashesandovals

Why would there be a Ranger qualification tab over the combat patch???

Maybe because some dealer put this shirt together?

flashesandovals

Agreed.

Also, all of the insignia appear to be hand sewn. One would think that an SF SFC would either have his stuff sewn on professionally or not at all (sterile).

Also, all of the insignia appear to be hand sewn. One would think that an SF SFC would either have his stuff sewn on professionally or not at all (sterile).

I'm in agreement with Merc and Flashes on this one.

Dang, oh well I figured it was too good to be true. I guess lession learned.

Bummer, I really wanted a jacket with a combat drop. :P

Hey Tom , Airborne1968 has an original 173 jacket forsale, he is living history until on Ebay

Ranger Tab over combat patch= put together

I know now, oh well, it wasn't that expensive of a jacket, but I sort of feel bad now being I have already sold it to another collector :unsure:

Hey Tom , Airborne1968 has an original 173 jacket forsale, he is living history until on Ebay

I saw, sadly cannot afford it at the moment. Gotta go to Phoenix next weekend.

I will also add to what Matt said. The 173rd ABN jackets that Livinghistory has for sale on Ebay are 100% legitimate. The name of the individual is on the 173rd ABN jump manifest for their combat jump into Iraq circa 2003.

kriegsmodell

Interesting. Although it is obviously in the minority opinion, I have absolutely no problem with this piece. I must be the only one weighing in that owns multiple original veteran purchased tops with Ranger tabs above scrolls; left and/or right side. The double horizontal velcro strips for the US flag (right) are also unique to Ranger Battalion pieces. Wish I owned it. My thoughts only ......

The hand sewing, if anything, makes me more likely to believe it's a legit jacket. Why not just use a machine? It's a steady, even stitch that obviously required a bit of patience and care to do. The flag is also a good detail. I've seen flag-only velcro before, but why put in that extra work only to boink the tab? Would a faker put in so much effort?

Aside from the 2nd tab, I don't see anything else 'wrong' with this, though I can't say I've dealt with enough Ranger Reg. vets items to know either way.

Interesting. Although it is obviously in the minority opinion, I have absolutely no problem with this piece. I must be the only one weighing in that owns multiple original veteran purchased tops with Ranger tabs above scrolls; left and/or right side. The double horizontal velcro strips for the US flag (right) are also unique to Ranger Battalion pieces. Wish I owned it. My thoughts only ......

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new DCU that I wanted to share so we could get this thread going again. This one belonged to a Sergeant who was a Combat Medic with the 1st Armored Division and prior service with the 101st Airborne.

I am hoping that a member here can answer a question for me concerning the 101st ABN SSI on the left arm. Would this Sgt. have been prior service with the 101st Airborne or could it be a combat patch he got for serving with the 1st Armored Division as an augmentee to the 101st Airborne Division in Iraq? According to what I read online, the 1st Armored did augment the 101st ABN. The article said:

In the build-up in the months prior the March 2003 invasion of Iraq, two battalions of the 1st Armored Division's 3d Brigade were deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The 2–70 Armor and 1–41 Infantry battalion task forces augmented the 82nd Airborne Division ("All-American"), the 3d Infantry Division ("Rock of the Marne"), and the 101st Airborne Division ("Screaming Eagles") throughout the campaign to oust Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. These units spearheaded the U.S assaults in As Samawah and Karbala and later occupied the southern area of Baghdad.

Thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks.

001.JPG

• 2 weeks later...