Show Your DCUs

Sbas

101combatvet

Is that you flying the Space Shuttle? think.gif

I just found the picture I was looking for. This one should answer your EGA/USMC stencil question, Jeremiah.

post-1107-1210123617.jpg

USMCRECON

Here's another pic of me in chocolate chips, soft cover, and minimal web gear taken on the grounds of the K-MOD. They were taken at the same time as the group shot I posted earlier.

I jokingly dubbed these my "hero" pics.

post-1107-1210206351.jpg

post-1107-1210206361.jpg

USMCRECON

On top is Gen Schwartzkoph in his chocolate chips with soft cover and minimal web gear, along with his bodyguard.

Below is Gen Powell in his chocolate chips during a visit. Cheney is, of course, in hois normal "uniform." :)

post-1107-1210206670.jpg

post-1107-1210206678.jpg

hawkdriver

Here you go Swag, lets see if you know your Iraq geography. Where am I and what am I recreating?

dcxbo0.jpg

Oh ya, so that we keep with the topic of this thread, a good example of the Desert ABDU, or comonly called the Yabba Dabba Du's. Also the winter coat for it.

USMCRECON

One more for tonight. this one was taken at King Fhahd airfirld before the shooting war began. I don't remember the exact date but I believe it was around Oct or Nov of 1990. I'm wearing a newly issued pair of chocolate chip DCUs with aircrew style leather name tag and am talking with "Major Dad."

Too bad it's a bit out of focus. crying.gif

post-1107-1210207251.jpg

Here you go Swag, lets see if you know your Iraq geography. Where am I and what am I recreating?

dcxbo0.jpg

Oh ya, so that we keep with the topic of this thread, a good example of the Desert ABDU, or comonly called the Yabba Dabba Du's. Also the winter coat for it.

Hmmm...I'll wager the picture was taken DEC/JAN time frame and you are recreating Ali Bahbah at the Temple of Doom (the scene right before he rescues the golden Camel from the evil hands of the Infidel) summoning the Gates of Babylon to be opened.

Well its not Warhorse, ORKK, ORBD, BIAP, Normandy, Caldwell, ORBM, ORTF, Taramiyah, Brassfield, Washington, Liberty, or ORSH. Could it be Grizzly? I dunno, you got me stumped as to where and what yer doin.

Where do I get this burn pit memo? I live about 400 yards from the burn pit here at Speicher. Believe me, we all know when the winds are out of the south.

Here's another pic of me in chocolate chips, soft cover, and minimal web gear taken on the grounds of the K-MOD. They were taken at the same time as the group shot I posted earlier.

I jokingly dubbed these my "hero" pics.

Hero1.jpg

Hero2.jpg

Are you holding an East German MPKi AK? Nice.

Arch

hawkdriver

I'm playing uncle Saddam, shooting my pistol into the air, from the review stands at the crossed sabers. Believe it or not, that stupid moron never shot the roof, or they patched it real well!

As for the burn pit memo, PM me with your email address and I will email it to you tomorrow when I go into work. Got a day out, goggle back flight tomorow, then my Instrument eval Friday, remember what that is?

I dont mind you all posting your pictures from Iraq, I enjoy watching the gear and the uniforms! thumbsup.gif

hawkdriver

I started another thread called OIF Flight Gear, that way, we are not hijacking this thread to help keep it pure. There, we rotor goobers can throw our uniqueness in without polluting the pool.

I'm playing uncle Saddam, shooting my pistol into the air, from the review stands at the crossed sabers. Believe it or not, that stupid moron never shot the roof, or they patched it real well!

As for the burn pit memo, PM me with your email address and I will email it to you tomorrow when I go into work. Got a day out, goggle back flight tomorow, then my Instrument eval Friday, remember what that is?

Hahaha...yeah I remember what an instrument eval is, my APART window closed in JAN. An ITO, one GPS and one PAR no-gryo, entry into holding, unusual attitude recovery, land, shut down. Ride complete in 1.0; nothing like a "combat" instrument eval! Didn't even do any table talk.

PM sent.

To help get this thread back on track, sort of, here's some photos of some gear I have laying around in my room. Please excuse the cleanliness of it, most of that stuff has only been worn once or twice. I fly, we've got a totally different set of gear from this ground stuff. As you can see I keep it stored "at the ready" on top of my wall locker.

post-2757-1210224786.jpg

Thanks for showing that Interceptor Body Armor, I was looking for pictures of it! Can someone shear some personal pictures of DCU's + woodland IBA vests in wear?

Thanks, Sebas

USMCRECON
Are you holding an East German MPKi AK? Nice.

Arch

Honestly, my ability to identify the various makes of the Ak-47 in no longer very good. It has a single wire folding stock. Interestingly, though, almost all of the ones I saw on the battlefield had the pinned so they would not fold.

USMCRECON

These aren't mine but I did bring them back from Kuwait.

I hope the fact that they were a "bring back" by a member of the US military is enough of a linkage to post them here.

Moderators: If my assumption is incorrect, please feel free to delete this and the follow-on related post.

This is a uniform that I procured from an Iraqi Republican Guard 1LT during the operation to liberate Kuwait. The epaulet rank insignia are newer than the uniform; perhaps he was recently promoted from 2LT??

The size of the composite pic of the front and back of the jacket forces me to post the trousers in another follow-on post

post-1107-1210355684.jpg

Hi,

Here is one of my late DCU modified with the hips pockets removed and sewn on the sleeves. It has the 155th Armored Bde separate SSI and combat patch.

2482954813_70fd197212_o.jpg

2483769714_129f169aeb_o.jpg

Cheers

Valery

Hi,

Here is one of my late DCU modified with the hips pockets removed and sewn on the sleeves. It has the 155th Armored Bde separate SSI and combat patch.

2482954813_70fd197212_o.jpg

2483769714_129f169aeb_o.jpg

Cheers

Valery

Here is an SF DCU that I obtained from a retired SF officer last Fall.

post-264-1210527282.jpg

Hello,

Here is the uniform that I used in Afghanistan in 2005. I was working as a Contractor with the Civil Affairs units and wore this whenever we went out in the boonies. I was a civilian and the DODC stood for "Department of Defense Civilian". This was my own doing as contractors were not supposed to wear uniforms. I opted to do it anyway as I would rather have the bad guys shooting at me thinking I was a soldier rather than the good guys shooting at me thinking I was a bad guy. The arm pockets were added by the tailor shop at Bagram. The hat was picked up at the outdoor clothing shop at Bagram as well.

Regards,

Jason

post-1616-1210648391.jpg

Thanks again guys for showing all those uniforms I really appriciate!

Keep them comming, there must be a ton of them on the forum!!