M1Garandlove

2nd inf. M1 helmet

I had a sense of deja-vu too!

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Thanks Justin.

I don't like it anymore after seeing the better pictures. Just when you thought you were on to something...

Cheers

donation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"The battle belonged that morning to the thin wet line of khaki that dragged itself ashore on the channel coast of France." - General Omar Bradley.

Guess there was more than one of these in that barn

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

Thanks Justin.

I don't like it anymore after seeing the better pictures. Just when you thought you were on to something...

Cheers

Ken,

Is the helmet being offered for sale as an original?

J

Another swivel bail from Normandy. :)

"The battle belonged that morning to the thin wet line of khaki that dragged itself ashore on the channel coast of France." - General Omar Bradley.

Hi Justin,

Yes, the helmet is being offered for sale as an authentic helmet.

After reading the other topic, I also know that he is asking a lot more for it than what he paid initially.

Without better pictures, a lot of people are going to be misled.

Best regards

Hi Justin,

Yes, the helmet is being offered for sale as an authentic helmet.

After reading the other topic, I also know that he is asking a lot more for it than what he paid initially.

Without better pictures, a lot of people are going to be misled.

Best regards

What a shame...

Is it being offered for sale through ebay / another forum?

Hi Justin,

It is being offered through marktplaats.nl

Here's the link...

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/verzamelen/militaria-tweede-wereldoorlog/m839188390-m1-helm.html?c=dc19031229f6638c93974e145c5889d4&previousPage=lr

Best regards

€650.00 = $862.00 :o

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

He's persistent if nothing else :)

Sounds like some is just trying to vet the helmet to get Authentication to boost the sale.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I e-mailed him through marktplaats.nl to get more information. This is what I got:

"The helmet came from Belgium and is a relic from the battle of the bulge. The helmet itself is a swivel bail and as far as I know the colors are real."

In the other topic he says he bought the helmet in Normandy, France. What an honest seller. This just goes to show that you can't trust anyone no more.

Maybe if someone slapped some general stars on there, an Airborne Spade, some MP markings, and a Vietnam War peace sign....would it be real then?

In memory of Lance Corporal Jeremy S. Lasher, 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force. Killed in Action July 23, 2009, Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Semper Fi

Lance Corporal's 2/8 challenge coin was STOLEN from his grave. Please see the following forum link for details: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/210650-challenge-coin-stolen-from-marine-kia-grave/&do=findComment&comment=1654270

My eBay Auctions: http://shop.ebay.com...s/m.html?_dmd=1

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

The museum said it was real so it has to be real...! B)

I e-mailed him through marktplaats.nl to get more information. This is what I got:

"The helmet came from Belgium and is a relic from the battle of the bulge. The helmet itself is a swivel bail and as far as I know the colors are real."

In the other topic he says he bought the helmet in Normandy, France. What an honest seller. This just goes to show that you can't trust anyone no more.

This reminds me of a certain 501st helmet....

Well at least he's been "outed" now!

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Just as an aside: if those fingers holding that helmet are of a 12 year old boy, he's quite the large fella.

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Now it's a relic of the battle of the bulge!?!? I thought it was a Normandy barn find?

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

So are we going to see a new thread on this same helmet every day?????

and the seller is not a kid.. he's a liar.

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I hope this gets a certain someone a one way ticket to Bannedville....im not one to form or join a lynchmob but this is not the kind of person we want umongst us law abiding helmet nerds!.....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Just as an aside: if those fingers holding that helmet are of a 12 year old boy, he's quite the large fella.

-Brian

I was 6 foot and 190 lbs at 12...we can only go by the actions of individuals. ..till they prove to be dis-honorable...so whomever is behind the images and the false information has proven not to be a honest sort.But that reason was never the size of his hands .

I have merged the two threads.

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif