Unknown US patch

Nkumburis

Hello, today I just picked up this patch with a couple other items. I tried to do some research but came up empty handed, can anyone shed light onto what this patch might be. Also this is my first thread, Im excited to be on this forum and cant wait to learn more about US militaria. This forum seems great and I feel as a newbie I will learn a lot fast. - Nick K P.S. I will post pictures in a second Im having trouble uploading them.

I believe it is a pocket patch -- probably out of the '60's. I agree it is probably an Engineer outfit. Look in ASMIC's Engineer DUI cataalog. I would not be surprised of the numerals 6 and 4 are in the ID -- count the crosses.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your input, what is a pocket patch? - Nick K

A patch intended to be displayed on the shirt-pocket rather than on the sleeve. Such patches were suspended from the button inside a clear plastic hanger.

miB_DYPnNNDMWH3y7o4bqBw.jpg

A patch intended to be displayed on the shirt-pocket rather than on the sleeve. Such patches were suspended from the button inside a clear plastic hanger.

miB_DYPnNNDMWH3y7o4bqBw.jpg

No, pocket patches are typically sewn to the pocket and indicate regimental affiliation within a higher headquarters, like a division or army. What you show is a pocket hanger, which is something worn almost exclusively on the khaki shirt during the Vietnam War to display what would otherwise be worn on the shoulder, except that SSI aren't worn on the khaki shirt.

I agree with atb. i don't think the OP's patch is an Army insignia. May also be the insignia of a European city.