couple of patch pick ups

empireguns

A small group of patches need help on a few of them.

The VX5 vampires patch is a larger A2 style patch. The Naval aviator flew Cutlasses in this squadron I believe. The turtle patch i have forgotten but have seen it before. The Joint Task force patches i don't know for what or when. I believe its when he was with an ASW squadron.

post-65446-0-69318300-1407364206.jpg

I believe the JTF 2 patches are for Joint Task Force 2.

For this document posted online (https://www.osti.gov/opennet/servlets/purl/16339884-2617l9/16339884.pdf)

"Joint Tast Force Two (JTF-2) was organized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff to conduct a series of coordinated and integrated :.ests to determine the capabilities and vulnerabilities of offensive and deensive weapons sys- tems in the low altitude flight regime."

This document covers Test 4.4, but it implies that there were previous tests. It is likely that the first two letters of "LAP" stand for Low Altitude. I have a patch for Test 4.4 and it is also an oval, but US made.

-Vance

Great looking patches!! I believe the JTF-2 Boar patch is for VF-11, and the JTF-2 Roadrunner patch is probably for VA-36. Let me know if you desire to part with the Roadrunner patch. Thanks.

Chris

what would the stripes device be used for? heres a pic of the back, I am thinking just a custom piece

post-65446-0-02208800-1407527139.jpg