Florida

Next week I will be spending two days in Jacksonville Florida. Does anyone have reccomendations on things to see, and places to shop for militaria?

Thanks,

Drew

Trooper B.A.R

I live in Jacksonville. As to any shops, I don't see any here. Do have some nice Beaches, see Ft Caroline, (free). Huegenot Park, a beach that's just across from the Naval Port. Might see some interesting Navy ships coming or going, also drive on this beach.

Heck, we don't even have a good Hobby Shop here.

Lived here 14 years now, ready to sell out and move.

I live in Jacksonville to and like Trooper said, there isnt much of nothing to see in the form of historical or collectible shops. There is the Cummer Art Galley and Kingsley Plantation.Lived here all my life and ready to move on.

You could also travel about 45 minutes north or south to two historical forts.One is in Fernadina, the other in St Augustine.

Also and all kidding aside,there are parts to avoid. Where are you staying?

Mark

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a really cool militaria store in Jacksonville called B & T Coins and Militaria located at 6630 Beach Blvd #8, Jacksonville, FL 32216. It's a small shop but lots of great stuff. Lots of helmets and badges and clothing. WWII through current. Really nice guy too.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to DMZ military antiques last Saturday. I bet I spent an hour looking around his store. His shop is small but he has some really great stuff! The owner is a super nice guy and loves to talk military history.

• 5 months later...
1972firebird

hey, im in town (st. augustine) for the weekend, would anyone know if DMZ would be open tmrw thw day before easter? i will be leaving monday and i tried to call but no answer.

TreasureHunter

Not sure, he sets his own hours, I am in Jacksonville and we had a show today. Sorry wish I saw this post earlier. If your free tomorrow I have a friend on RT1 north of St Aug with 4 storage units full of goodies. I can take you to him no problem. Feel free to pm me. Oh his website is in my signature. Bill

1972firebird

I was able to get ahold of him last noght and went in today, it is a great store and has alot of good stuff, for the sixe of the store itself! I picked up a few things i will be making a thread for shortly. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

What about Sarasota and Brandenton areas guys ? any joys there as we are holidaying there in June this year

Regards

Lloyd

• 2 months later...

I'm in the Miami region on vacation soon, visiting some relatives. Any good surplus stores there? Found 3 online, but that's it. Also interested in anything military. Museums...

Thanks in advance,

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

If you happen to be an aviation fan Wings Over Miami is a nice museum. It's on the small side but has a PBY Catalina, A-26 Intruder, and my personal favorite an F-14D. Along with about a dozen other aircraft. I think admission is $10 per adult, at least it was a year ago. Didn't look for surplus last time so I'm afraid I can't help on that front.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Any place ? Shop of Flea market in Miami, Naples, Clearwater, key largo and key west to buy militaria

Î'm here right now and looking for that

Thanks

• 3 months later...

came again to Florida and went to my favorite military store down here, DMZ militaria. Picked up a fixed bail m1 and sold a large amount of items. I took a photo of the store to show a friend but will post here so anyone interested can have a look. Its tiny as my room but definetely worth the time!post-162289-0-04689200-1480116230.pngpost-162289-0-80416600-1480116240.png

TreasureHunter

Next time in NE Florida hit me up, that goes for anyone. Between a friend and I we have plenty of things to see or buy. Bill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I stopped into B & T Coins and Militaria in Jacksonville this afternoon and I scored a nice HGU-68/P flight helmet. If you are in the area check out this store. I am off to DMZ Military Antiques in St. Augustine tomorrow.

• 7 years later...
nicolas75

Hello to all

Open to any updates around Naples, Orlando and Miami

Thanks

Near Orlando is the Mount Dora Antique Center which is open Saturday and Sundays only.

My friend Joe Stone has a small shop in the Antique Center and he carries a wide inventory of militaria.

The Osceola County Veterans Museum on US 192 in Kissimmee FL has 1 or 2 showcases that militaria is sold out of.

Finally, Mondays Only 1/1/24 to Memorial Day and Labor Day to Christmas is the Flea/Antique Market in Webster Florida - It is pretty dead during the summer (and hot!!)

There used to be a lot more places in the 1980's but they disappeared over time. (One reason that I decided that I did not want to retire in Central Florida after living there for 40 years)

Bill