anyone collect ww2 radio stuff?

Phantomf4

Look at this hog, I got this years ago and forgot I had it. It is heavy to. It's a basic component, but what was its actual use?

post-153748-0-36357600-1407331702.jpg

Manchu Warrior

I thought that info plate looked familiar. So, I went digging through the basement and sure enough I found a portion of one I own. I purchased the one I have at a yard sale many many years ago for $2.00. Because if it says US Army on it I have to drag it home with me regardless of what it may be. I also did a little research on it back in the day, and if I remember correctly it is not a radio it actually has something to do with radar. As you can see he plate even says radar on it. I found the info on the item on a web site for a museum that was located at Fort Monmouth, NJ. Unfortunately Fort Monmouth closed a few years ago and most of the resources moved to APG. I am not positive but I believe that it was a US Army Signal Corps museum and it may have moved to APG as well. I actually printed and saved the info but it was a good while ago and I have no idea what I did with it. If you don't have luck online and if I find it I will be happy to share it with you. But, that is a big if. Good luck!

post-1412-0-29257700-1407337919.jpgpost-1412-0-66163400-1407337931.jpg

post-1412-0-57734200-1407337944.jpg

If nothing else its a nice display piece. And Manchu did you mean Fort Monmouth? I live in NJ and I know of a Fort Monmouth that closed a couple years ago.

Manchu Warrior

If nothing else its a nice display piece. And Manchu did you mean Fort Monmouth? I live in NJ and I know of a Fort Monmouth that closed a couple years ago.

I even had it written down so I would spell it correctly. And even with that I still end up with manmouth, and not once but twice. For some reason that even sounds rather perverted so I corrected it.

It connects to a IFF transmitter, BC-1072A, part of the SCA-270/271 long range radar. IFF stands for Identification, Friend or Foe, it could distinguish friendly aircraft from enemy aircraft.

www.campevans.org/_CE/newsletters/inl-v03-n01.pdf

Hello,

Maybe you can get more informations at Fort Gordon.

This is the Signal corps museum.

Have a nice day.

Ajephisan

• 1 month later...

Look up Robert Downs, Houston TX online. He has a webstore for some militaria items and also does manual reprints. What's useful to you now, though, is he has what may be the largest US mil eletronics manual collection. He would be a good bet to look it up. Such questions on oddball stray items frequently are posted to the milsurplus email group, which is a more technically oriented group, geared toward people who restore and operate the equipment.

-Hue