New Army camo "Scorpion2"

mvmhm

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I heard a rumor that they will dye ACU's Coyote Tan to get some more use out of them.

The way I understand it they will be replacing the uniforms but expensive ACU stuff like the plate carriers will be over-dyed a darker shade.

Congress should step in and stop the waste of taxpayer dollars on new uniforms and gear. Since the war on terror began the service branches have been on a spending spree.

I wore green fatigues and then Woodland BDU's as did the Army, Marines and parts of the Navy and DCU for Desert Operations.. The patterns worked great. Then some guys from the sand pile fly jets into our buildings and kill a lot of our and other nations people. Now the spending takes off. USMC Marpat. Good looking makes sense. USAF ABU wrong weight of material and really not needed. Army ACU didn't work, Navy fleet sailors cammo. Not needed.

The the USMC fields two versions of the ILBE and now FILBE pack systems. OTV then IOTV and various plate carriers, add this to the different FLCV's and molle pouchs in the different patterns and that add's up to a ton of money.

The Army has been dumping ACU Mollie for awhile now. All of a sudden somebody says hey, why don't we just dye it coyote brown instead of dumping it on the surplus market. They could have done that moths ago. Good thing for me as I've got a buch of it cheap.

The whole problem is caused by the Marines. They finally got some money to spend, developed a great pattern, pattented it and refused to share with the rest of the service branches. Can't blame.

So everyone else started throwing money at a problem that really wasn't. Woodland/ERDL worked in the woods and jungle and DCU works in the Desert.

So lets stop spending money.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Looks like multicam or am I mistaken. If I am wrong please explain the difference.

Scorpion camo doesn't have the vertical lines that multicam has and multicam has at least twice the number of little macro beige and brown dots.

When are they going to get rid of those pale tan boots for christ sakes!

Agreed. I think returning to the old "brown shoe" Army would be great. The russet boots would serve much better, and bring back some of the individual discipline in keeping at least the boots up to standard.

bravo_2_zero

The patten that came first in all the camo trials in 2003 and then rejected for the patten that came last.

Agreed. I think returning to the old "brown shoe" Army would be great. The russet boots would serve much better, and bring back some of the individual discipline in keeping at least the boots up to standard.

Thank you, though my Army service was brief in comparison to so many other members, I still like to keep a eye on the latest uniforms, and sorry to say what we have today.........

Those light tan boots are no sharp at all, in fact I think they look like construction boots.

I remembered this topic awhiles back, I made the comment that these should be the types used, it has a leather componant that can be shined plus it's rich dark brown color would make a good contrast.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/198844-experimental-brown-junglearctic-boots/