Sign in to follow this  
Airborne-Hunter

48 Hours - The Woodwork Has Been Busy

Militaria wise, this week started off very slow, but then the phone calls started coming....I don't want this to come across as gloat-y, but everything in the following pictures came out of the woodwork in the last 48 hours and from numerous different sources. Enjoy ABN

post-1800-0-90377100-1407119909.jpg

California

"Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

-Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

''A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'' Gerald Ford

"Those who melt their guns into plows will plow for those who don't." Thomas Jefferson

"I live in weirdville." Owen

donation2011.gif

This is a really bad picture, but there are 15-20+ uniforms there. All are WW2 or Korea

post-1800-0-51440600-1407119984.jpg

California

"Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

USAF

''A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'' Gerald Ford

"Those who melt their guns into plows will plow for those who don't." Thomas Jefferson

donation2011.gif

I thought this was really cool

post-1800-0-17804600-1407120060.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Small Test flight grouping

post-1800-0-04984600-1407120091.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

some helmets

post-1800-0-88890800-1407120152.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Anyone seen anything like this embroidery? I'm on the fence on authenticity...any thoughts?

post-1800-0-60967600-1407120214.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

some boots

post-1800-0-82217300-1407120240.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

some ma-1's new in the package

post-1800-0-09378500-1407120265.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

more

post-1800-0-36407600-1407120296.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

This boat anchor made my wallet cry

post-1800-0-58100600-1407120342.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

WW2 USMC Det. Purple heart group...BSM's and Purple Heart are re-issue, but the rest are period. GCM has 2 bars and is named on the back with a date of 1947. Purple Heart is not named and thought to have been received 1942-1944 aboard the USS Texas. Some documents were included, but are not shown.

post-1800-0-28158400-1407120370.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

This China Marine grouping popped up too. Missing some stuff, but came with a nice photo album, a named medal and some documents. More stuff may be coming... Sorry to blur the name.

post-1800-0-35038500-1407120652.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

medal

post-1800-0-07002400-1407120711.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

my wallet cried more

post-1800-0-21051800-1407120784.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Two telegraphs - I think both work.

post-1800-0-06602700-1407120876.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

That's it for now. There's more not shown, but I'm tied and need to sleep. Maybe I'll post more pictures later.. Best ABN

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Well, I think I see the cause of the militaria shortage in California..... :D

Very nice finds....especially like the China Marine group, what type of photos are in the album?

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Nice!!

WWII-KW
Uniforms, Insignia, SSIs, Badges, Medals, Ribbons

That's a lot of great stuff! Strange looking boat anchor though, all that stuff must have made a huge hole in the woodwork.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand pictures!

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti

Love the USMC items... esp the China Marine album. Would love to see some of the pics inside.

Congrats, you've pulled quite a haul in 48 hrs! Keep going, you're on a streak!

Thanks for sharing this.

Dang! All that in 48 hours.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

Wow, impressive haul. Thanks for posting

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.