USAF Missile/ICBM/Cold War Patches

coli8344

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, coli8344 said:

Excellent! The mint 351st hat is awesome-You see the 351st hat in some of the old 351st yearbook pictures! The Titan patch is hard to find. It took me several years to find the 351st equivalent. The 308th Olympic Arena pin is in great condition, almost 44 years old, I wish I looked that good. Thanks for posting these!

Found another Little Rock AFB Olympic Arena pin, this time from 1977.  It's a bit larger in diameter than the 1976 one I posted above last year.

Are you still out there Carlos?  Hope you are well sir.

-Derek

IMG_6852-CROP.jpg

easterneagle87
On 8/11/2017 at 12:35 PM, coli8344 said:

Here is another hard to find patch I came across and have added to the collection. It's a 351st SMW Whiteman AFB Deactivation/Mission Complete Patch. This was designed by Greg Ogletree, USAF MAJ Ret. which I have mentioned before on a few posts. Great guy, my understanding is he designed it when he saw that Whiteman hadn't designed one like some of the deactivated Titan bases had.

post-152401-0-17816000-1502480055.jpeg

Cool stuff and another rabbit hole to collect that I'm always interested in. Interesting on this design that he used the Boy Scout Order of the Arrow Indian Chief logo to complete this patch.   

• 2 years later...
MinutemanEMTer

I have that patch too, but it wasn't made until after I left the Air Force. I had to get mine from eBay. Sad day when they imploded the last LF.