hellfire missile

Phantomf4

Thought I'd share one of my projects with you all, it's a hellfire that had seen better days LOL I had to do some welding, sandblasting, fin making and painting but it looks much better now. Anybody out there have any good Hellfire stories?

post-153748-0-62401800-1406991584.jpg

I guess you are talking of the use of a Hellfire missile. When I was in Ramadi 2005 to 2006, there was a Marine Cobra unit not to far away that always loved to give us cover. The biggest use of "Over Kill" I've ever seen was when a four door Kia did a drive by shooting on one of our blocking position. As the car sped away the Marine Cobra showed up and destroyed the Kia with the Hellfire.

When I was going through apache mechanic school in 1995, they had a "motivational" video they showed at the end of training that had a lot of destruction and kills. Yeah. I know.

Anyway, there was one of the recording of the video from the apache they were showing when they spotted an Iraq tank (this was desert storm footage of course). After launching a hellfire at it from a couple miles away they flew over the wreckage. To their surprise, it was a camel instead.

• 1 month later...

My brother-in-law got to fire the first one from a UAV at some bad dudes in Yemen. He was watching the event on IR and when the car stopped they fired the missile. One guy was outside the vehicle taking a leak and ended up flying through the air, then one guy exited the vehicle on fire and left hot footprints for about 20 feet.

no stories but a super piece,would love to find that at a show..............great job............dave

No stories required sir, thanks for the compliment. Has anyone else seen one in private hands? This is the first and only I've come across or seen.

At first glance it looked really small, but when I saw the helmet I realized how big is it, lol. Great job!

Yeah it's about 5 foot tall, give or take lol thanks