10th Mountain Division

kilgarvan

As an avid skier, outdoorsman, hiker, etc I have always loved and been fascinated with the 10th MT. Anybody have a display to the 10th they'd like to share? What have you got???

I'm also really hoping to find a pair of skis, poles, ice axe, ice creepers, etc..as I'm new to collecting, I'm hoping to learn for others, their displays, etc.....as a side note if anybody has any 10th gear they'd like to trade and maybe sell, let me know!

Looking forward to anyone's display!!!

Here's mine, although fairly basic. 1943 reversible parka with mountain rucksack, goggles and typical field gear and helmet...

post-92682-0-89576200-1407518212.jpg

post-92682-0-42019300-1407518230.jpg

Jumpin Jack

post-247-0-03070700-1407596085.jpg

As requested, here is one of my 10th Mountain mannequin displays. It is not named to a single individual, but parts are.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dave- thanks!

There are Mountain/Arctic collections out there which put mine to shame; I hope some of them throw in on this thread.

There are already some top-notch displays here.

Some details- '42 and '43 Rucksacks are each perched on rolled-up Mountain Tents with corresponding dates; Pile Field Cap; Rucksack Shovel Covers can be seen beside the M1941 Stove at right.

post-3226-0-76023200-1419820403.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
josegarcia8578

Wow nice set up! I have a couple of mountain packs, what do you fill them with so that they display nice?

Thanks,

Jose

Wow nice set up! I have a couple of mountain packs, what do you fill them with so that they display nice?

Thanks,

Jose

Jose, thanks for the comment :)

I use a variety of empty, lightweight objects to fill the various Packs on display, such as empty welding wire boxes for the Marine Corps Packs, and various boxes, cartons and tubes for other types of stuff.

Here is what I use for Rucksacks: a trash bag and 3 smaller Ziploc bags, all filled with Styrofoam chips...

post-3226-0-78063800-1420872569.jpg

• 4 weeks later...