ERDL & Woodland Camo Uniforms

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

WOW! Someone went wicked crazy with all the fake gotta have'em badges. Where is the pledge pin? Whoever did it should have read the last 2 or 3 versions of AR 670-1.

When did Halo wings come out?

When did the reg change in regards to the number of badges allowed, by, group type, on the BDU?

When did we start adding flags to the BDU uniform?

When did we stop placing foreign wings on BDUs?

These are questions you must know the answers for when determining the period of a uniform or making an "impression" of a uniform from a certain period.

Thanks,

Tom

I collect US Army militaria (WWI thru Vietnam). I also collect the history that I have been a part of...Saudi Arabia/Iraq (ODS/ODS), Haiti (OUD), Bosnia (OJE), Iraq (OIF), Afghanistan (OEF 8 and 10), Horn of Africa (OEF), Qatar/Oman (OEF), Germany, Puerto Rico, Italy/Yugoslavia (OPP), Vietnam (4 yrs POW/MIA investigation team).

• 2 months later...
WOW! Someone went wicked crazy with all the fake gotta have'em badges. Where is the pledge pin? Whoever did it should have read the last 2 or 3 versions of AR 670-1.

When did Halo wings come out?

When did the reg change in regards to the number of badges allowed, by, group type, on the BDU?

When did we start adding flags to the BDU uniform?

When did we stop placing foreign wings on BDUs?

These are questions you must know the answers for when determining the period of a uniform or making an "impression" of a uniform from a certain period.

And they should've taken into account proper placement of the Drill Sgt insignia. That's a bummer someone did that to those uniforms.

Be well,

Chad C. Rogers

Retired Army

I was issued a mishmash of ERDL straight and Vietnam slash pocket cammies when I went through Parris Island in August of 1982. 3 sets of those, and one set of the "new" woodland cammies, which had what we Marines called the "Elvis" collars, they looked like they came off a Leisure suit!

I wore my straight pocket ERDL's until they almost literally fell apart..if you had those, you were 'salty' LOL.

One note on the Jungle ERDL's, the bottom hems were really poorly made, they would come apart after only moderate use, thus making the jacket 'unservicable'. The trousers on all of them were also flimsy as all hell, they would shred almost as soon as you got in the field.

When did the USMC officially do away with the ERDLs?

Be well,

Chad C. Rogers

Retired Army

• 10 months later...