ERDL & Woodland Camo Uniforms

Here is a 1970 ERDL shirt and a 1975 USMC ERDL shirt. Both have white labels and the thinner patterns but the 75 shirt does not have slant pockets and does not have lime green. Below those is a woodland camo shirt:

erdl0523ashirt.jpg

erdl0524shirt.jpg

gen.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents---I know this is an older thread and somewhat dated but recently going thru some old dufflebags in my attic I came across some early-mid 70s uniforms that I was issued while assigned to 2ndRadBN, FMFlant that seem apprpriate to this chain---

I remember we got these just before were sent on a NATO cruise to Norway, Denmark and Germany---as you can see, the pockets on the legs are acompletely different flavor of camo than the rest of the trousers---living proof of what a short budget the USMC was on in those days---and you can also see what lengths i had to go to keep them servicable---one of the back pockets was cannabilized to make patches to cover the seat of the pants until finally they just gave out completely...

I later received a replacement set that was completely made out of the same style camo as the side pockets here---I found those in the attic as well and noted that I never bothered to iron the USMC and ega onto the Shirt---guess I didn't expect them to last long either---whoops...

post-2235-1201802871.jpg

post-2235-1201802899.jpg

AFB
"When in doubt, Go cyclical"

For more information on

"In a Strange Land: The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923"

"Let's Go! The History of the 29th Infantry Division"

"To Hell with the Kaiser: America Prepares for War 1916-1918 Volumes 1 and 2"

"Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces"

"Forgotten Soldiers of WWI: America's Immigrant Doughboys"

"Play Ball! Doughboys and Baseball During the Great War"

go to

https://www.amazon.com/author/alexanderf.barnes

and finally the seat of the trousers:

I guess the bottom line is that anyone expecting this to be a "cut and dried" hobby might want to take up stamp collecting---for every regulatory rule, theres a picture that says something else.

SF, Al

post-2235-1201803072.jpg

AFB
"When in doubt, Go cyclical"

For more information on

"In a Strange Land: The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923"

"Let's Go! The History of the 29th Infantry Division"

"To Hell with the Kaiser: America Prepares for War 1916-1918 Volumes 1 and 2"

"Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces"

"Forgotten Soldiers of WWI: America's Immigrant Doughboys"

"Play Ball! Doughboys and Baseball During the Great War"

go to

https://www.amazon.com/author/alexanderf.barnes

• 2 months later...
Guest watchmanjimg
Rank Insignia

Any idea what the LTC's name was? I was at Carson in the late '80s, when this jacket was likely to have been worn.

Any idea what the LTC's name was? I was at Carson in the late '80s, when this jacket was likely to have been worn.

Nope, no idea. I haven't even been able to remember where/how I got the jacket.

danshanower.jpg

R.I.P. Commander Dan Shanower, KIA 9/11/01

"Freedom Isn't Free" US Naval Institute, Proceedings, 1997

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gif

• 9 months later...

Hi First post , I recently picked up a collection from a Vet , he was an MP in Vietnam and continued after the war as an Instructor up into the 90's , he gave a uniform he was Issued in the early 80's , he was told this was the new pattern ,but he said he was the only one to get a set , he passed them on to me , and info would be great .

It has a light green base instead of tan , and is a bit darker then "normal" woodland , I know there are many variations in shades , but I just had never seen a set with a green base ,but Im no expert .

darkwoodland1.jpg

darkwoodland2.jpg

darkwoodland3.jpg

At first I thought it was commercial ,because no DSA numbers But was told these were discontinued for a short time in the late seventies early eighties , Thanks

Steve

donation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

• 1 year later...
3) brown dominant RDF pattern coat with straight pockets (color variation 2)

post-31-1169998975.jpg

4) brown dominant RDF pattern coat with straight pockets (color variation 3)

post-31-1169998988.jpg

Are we lumping EDRLs with the more modern Woodland BDU's? I think the difference is a 75-150 dollar item and 4.50-8.00 items. Maybe I'm not tracking or I'm missing something? :think:

• 11 months later...

1981 Woodland BDU with white tags. 1981 is the first year that woodland was issued army wide. I have many sets of early woodland uniforms in my collection but this is the first one I've acquired that has white tags.

DEAD LINK 1/14/15

doinworkinvans

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American . . . There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have no room for but one flag, the American Flag . . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language . . . and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

- Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

• 3 months later...