Georgia

Anyone know of good militaria and/or surplus shops in/around Atlanta, GA?

TIA.

Ken

Garandomatic

I've got family there, so I'll be watching closely and hoping someone knows of a place to go.

Chief Bast

Count me interested as well. I'm spending a couple of weeks at Warner Robins in August.

I have no idea about shops, but Warner Robins has the second largest USAF museum in their system. Not quite the variety of Wright Patterson, but looks like it is worth a look in any case.

Chief Bast

Great to know, Gil, thanks for the heads-up! Work had me slated for a class at Wright-Patt this past January, but schedules changed. I wasn't too upset about missing Dayton, but I would have loved to visit the Museum of the Air Force.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know of a good surplus/militaria dealer in the FT Benning/Columbus, GA vicinity?

TIA,

Ken

Ken,

You could contact the National Infantry Museum located in Columbus, GA to see if there's a dealer there.

Not sure what you're looking for but a dealer with a limited selection of militaria but a good selection of WW2 guns is brocksguns.com.

They're located maybe an hour south of you in Bostwick, GA.

-Steve in Atlanta

Thanks for the info, Steve. Went to the Infantry Museum yesterday. They are very politically correct 0n any such recommendations. Guess they've previously been pressured from merchants and wouldn't get near the subject.

FYI for anyone interested, Ranger Joes, many years ago carried mostly surplus material, but everything they carry now is new commercial manufactured. However, they do have a huge inventory that is also available on line.

Ken

• 2 months later...
williamsmilitaryrelics

Traveling through GA, check out my store, HWY 75 exit 5... just before the Florida line

look for the Billboard....

ARMY-NAVY-SURPLUS

GUNS- Ammo

Military Antiques & Collectibles

1244 Lakes Blvd

LAKE PARK GA 31636

Open Tuesday - Sunday 10 to 5 (YES ! we are open on the week end!!)

Tel: 229-251-8011

Thanks

William

There WAS an old place outside Ft Benning up until a few years ago.....a friend bought out the last kicker box of 1928 field packs as he was going out of business.

I can tell you from having lived in the Savannah area for 3 years that there wasn't anything special there. There are a few pretty good antique malls on the TN / GA line near Chattanooga with militaria vendors....but nothing really heavy.

Trooper B.A.R

Traveling through GA, check out my store, HWY 75 exit 5... just before the Florida line

ARMY-NAVY-SURPLUS

GUNS- Ammo

1244 Lakes Blvd

LAKE PARK GA 31636

Thanks

William

I must have missed this sign. I pull off for gas there once a month. Stop and eat at the Country Restaraunt, and check out the 2 antique shops there. Are you on the West side of the 75?

ARMY-NAVY-SURPLUS

GUNS- Ammo

1244 Lakes Blvd

LAKE PARK GA 31636

Thanks

William

Stopped there this past July-well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
williamsmilitaryrelics

I must have missed this sign. I pull off for gas there once a month. Stop and eat at the Country Restaraunt, and check out the 2 antique shops there. Are you on the West side of the 75?

I'm there since June, next to the antique Mall, if you stop by the Farm house restaurant you'll see me!

Thx

When I went through 11B OSUT in 2008 there were two shops in Columbus. One was in an old gas station, the other was called the Columbus Armory, or something along those terms. Went back through Benning in late Spring 2009, the gas station place had folded shop. Columbus Armory was still there, has it closed as well now? I may still have the guys business card in one of my files.

There WAS an old place outside Ft Benning up until a few years ago.....a friend bought out the last kicker box of 1928 field packs as he was going out of business.

I can tell you from having lived in the Savannah area for 3 years that there wasn't anything special there. There are a few pretty good antique malls on the TN / GA line near Chattanooga with militaria vendors....but nothing really heavy.