WW2 Double Buckle Boots

josegarcia8578

josegarcia8578

I picked up this pair of boots at my local flea market! I found them to be 1944 dated. First find in a flea market, I never get lucky and get anything in yard sales or flea markets. So this was a very cool find for me!

Any comments are welcomed! Or any information on the history of these boots!

Have a good day,

Jose

post-153602-0-38414000-1406662131.jpg

post-153602-0-93234100-1406662168.jpg

post-153602-0-05041100-1406662178.jpg

josegarcia8578

Thanks guys! They were in a pile of leather shoes, I saw them and had to get them!

mywifesays-ohno-morestuff

VERY COOL find! I believe they were called "boots, service, combat" officially. Developed from the standard service shoe, they were designed to replace the canvas leggings, which were'nt easily put on or taken off. I have done some WW2 re-enacting, and I can testify to that! Designed to be part of the new uniform, M-1943 they were to go with the M-43 field jacket and combat trousers?. I have found only 1 pair so far. They are dated FEB. 1945. I cleaned them with saddle soap, and then oiled them with baseball glove oil/conditioner. Seems to me to have done just fine with no negative effects. There is a section here somewhere which has preservation info or I'm sure that other members can give you info on some good cleaners and protectants too. I am pretty new to the forum myself, so WELCOME! Its a very neat and helpful resource.

josegarcia8578

VERY COOL find! I believe they were called "boots, service, combat" officially. Developed from the standard service shoe, they were designed to replace the canvas leggings, which were'nt easily put on or taken off. I have done some WW2 re-enacting, and I can testify to that! Designed to be part of the new uniform, M-1943 they were to go with the M-43 field jacket and combat trousers?. I have found only 1 pair so far. They are dated FEB. 1945. I cleaned them with saddle soap, and then oiled them with baseball glove oil/conditioner. Seems to me to have done just fine with no negative effects. There is a section here somewhere which has preservation info or I'm sure that other members can give you info on some good cleaners and protectants too. I am pretty new to the forum myself, so WELCOME! Its a very neat and helpful resource.

Thanks!

I'm pretty new to this forum to. Yes it's very helpful, i've learned a few things and now I have gotten into patch collecting. I'm still deciding whether or not I want to clean them up, I'm thinking of leaving them as they are right now. I guess i like my stuff salty :) But do you have any pictures of your pair? Maybe seeing how yours turned out could convince me to clean mine up! It would be awesome to see them!

-Jose

coolhandluke

Jose,

The best thing that you can do is leave the boots in their current condition. Saddle soaps, conditioners, and preservatives may improve the appearance in the short term, but they will lead to accelerated decay of the leather down the road.

The boots are honest and salty looking...just like they should be. :)

josegarcia8578

Jose,

The best thing that you can do is leave the boots in their current condition. Saddle soaps, conditioners, and preservatives may improve the appearance in the short term, but they will lead to accelerated decay of the leather down the road.

The boots are honest and salty looking...just like they should be. :)

Very cool!!!

Ed

I was just curious as of how they looked fresh. I like my stuff salty :)

Thanks ed!