Photo found in the uk at a carboot sale

vespa100

Manchu Warrior

No ribbons or name plate so it looks to be your typical US Army Basic Training photo. As far as age my guess would be 1960's.

Agree Basic Training picture No marksmanship awards or NDSM, No Collar Branch so not yet MOSQ, Tan shirt so pre 1981 (and I know we weren't issued Service caps in 1981 when I arrived at basic.) No Nameplate, Likely taken in week 1 or 2 before going to the range for Qual.

60's or early 70's pic

Thanks for the replys. I would be great to put a name to the face

Sorry it would be great to put a name to the face

I remember having my photo taken during basic training at Ft. Knox. Our drill sergeants marched us into a warehouse that contained several racks of shirts, ties, jackets and caps. They screamed the instructions to "find a 'f-ing' shirt. tie and jacket that fit and grab a hat, then get in the 'f-ing' line and wait to have your picture taken. The flag and globe were props.

I thought it was an official photo but quickly realized the photographer was a contractor who published the year book like basic training souvenier. I still have mine after 41 years.

I do remember that the shirts and jackets smelled bad.

Thanks for the replys. I would be great to put a name to the face

With no year taken, post taken, to narrow it down it could be any of a few Million who served from 1960-1980