Navy Dday group, Marines, Air Force and some pinups!

Nice haul. I have to agree with TLeo the Marine coat is post war. Those Flight Nurse wings are pretty nice. Well done.

Thanks, yeh, i met the man at a garage sale on Saturday. I was pretty excited when he told the story. I had all sorts of ideas what it might be! When i walked in his garage yesterday my heart dropped a bit when i saw the later jacket. Still nice and complete, and the price was more than right.

The Wings are cool, i agree! I had to do a little digging online to figure out what they are.

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

I have a hard time getting jazzed up over Navy stuff unless it's from a submarine, but that is cool! Congrats on the great find!

Thanks. Funny thing is, i saw the blue jumper sitting at a guys table for at least 3 weeks. I couldnt make out the name on it, so I didnt bother with it. I finally told him the other day it was cool, but without a name I wasnt interested. In response I got "Oh, well his name is stamped all over the other stuff I have in my car" ... Almost every other day I pass by the upholstry shop that the Vet and his brothers owned for 50 years with their last name on it. Im really happy to have added this one to my collection, Its been a while since a new Navy man was added.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Love the amphib group!

I collect pre-1948 US Navy rates, and WWII US Navy enlisted uniforms and equipment.

Wanted: items related to VPB-103, USN jumpers with USMC SSI and USMC uniforms with navy insignia.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

The silk shirt is great, possibly a bowling shirt or souvenir party shirt. Looks Vietnam war period.

Any embroidery on the back?

A good haul for sure,

AG

Nothing on the back. Its pretty beat up. I was thinking some kind of party shirt also.

Love the amphib group!

Nice variety of items. The jumpers were my favorites!!!

Ed

Thanks! Ive managed to find some incredible things lately, but I think this is one of my favorites. Im going to get his records so I can restore the ribbon bar to the jumper.

Hi

I came here for the pinups stuff ... lol

- Lester H Scheaffer (Fleetwood - PA) - 175th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division - KIA September 12th 1944 attacking the Brest Naval range butt

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at St James cemetery. RIP

(My left avatar portrait)

- Jay E Hansford (Baxter Springs - KS ) - 146th Engineer Combat Battalion SETF - KIA June 6th 1944 landing on Dog White Omaha Beach

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at Colleville sur mer cemetery. RIP

(My right avatar portrait)

- See their story, and other ones here : http://mylifeinthewar.over-blog.com/

-- Interested in pictures (and others items) concerning the French Navy ships that went under repair in US Navy yards in 1943. In Boston (Le Terrible, le Fantasque, le Malin), in NYC (Richelieu) and in Philadelphia (Le Georges Leygues, Le Gloire, Le Montcalm)

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.