BigDogMilitaria

Navy Dday group, Marines, Air Force and some pinups!

I had a wildly productive day yesterday. Even though it meant only getting 3 hours sleep and having to work the afternoon shift during a nasty storm, it was worth it!

First up is a Navy grouping that I was working at getting for the last week. Its my first Navy D-Day group, and I think its a good one! The family said

Harold Marquar**dt had gotten a medal for heroism when he jumped into the ocean to help pull some fellow sailors to safety. I found this reference on Google from "With Utmost Spirit" which seems to corroborate the story.

http://books.google....rdt lci&f=false

The article has him on LCI (L) -15. I found an additional article, which i believe is an interview with the same, although it has the middle name incorrect as Edward, not George.

http://www.usslci.co..._82_revised.pdf

Second up is a Marine Corps Dress blues, his dog tag and a USMC first Aide box with an EGA affixed to the top. The mans son told me Dad joined when he was 16 in 1944 by lying about his age. He said he has the fake id's that he used but didnt have them with him. He said Dad never talked about the service other than that he was a Marine. Well, the dog tag is a T-46 date on it, and my buddy USDog can only find him on muster rolls from 46 and 47, so i think someone my be "mis-remembering" as Roger Clemens would say, or who knows! Its still a nice set. His name, Thom**as J Kol**omjec

Next up is an Air Force grouping. I wasnt going to keep this, but the more i dig, i think i will! I'm not sure what the black dress uniform is called, but it tailored in Japan. There was a nice set of binoculars with it, his mini medal rack, and his wifes Flight Nurse wings. And the pinups! The coolest part. The model is Darleen Engle, i found some references online

Last up is a silk shirt . I have no idea what it is. A vintage clothes picker told me she found it years ago when she picked up an A2. It was free, so what the heck!

Comments welcome as always and thanks for looking!

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Don't you ever work, lol? Like that navy group alot. Nice hunting!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion....Carl Spackler

nice stuff, but yep, the Marine blouse is post war (four pockets).

RIP Molly...Oct. 2000 - July 2013 For 13 years you have been my best friend and companion, giving love and asking only for love in return. May you rest now, free from your pain. I will miss you girl, and will keep you in my heart forever....the sweetest dog and best friend ever! I'll see you again one day.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Awesome Jay! You know how to find the good stuff for sure.... ;)

Check out my online collection of dog tags... http://historicdogtags.com LOOKING FOR DOG TAGS.... CIVIL WAR, WWI, WWII, KOREAN WAR, AND VIETNAM.PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING! I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IM INTERESTED.THANKS,USDOG

Wow great items, i really like the D-Day Navy group.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

Very nice! If you ever find yourself at walmart, near the photo scanner & printer, I would LOVE to buy copies of those pin-ups!! ...just sayin!

WANTED: ITEMS & PARTS RELATING TO THE 1911 & 1911A1!!!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

donation2018.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.