starting to collect patches

ka bar

After a shaky start, I posted a section in the WANTED sub forum for the main 4 divisions involved in the landings

What I might do is make a kind of "scroll" that I can hang up on my war board and have them in a neat verticle line and label each division

Then if I get into the regimental DUIs, I will place them alongside each divisional patch

This is becoming exciting indeed!

Let me tell you,

If you are going to get into D-Day divisions, be prepared to spend $$$$ a 1st ID patch will run from $10-$20 a 29th ID patch, will run $15-30 a 4th ID patch will run for around $10 and a 90th ID patch will run around 5-$10

-Dave

Of course, you can skip to the next level and just collect original uniforms of the said divisions! ;) One of our senior mods, Johan Willaert from Belgium, has a world class collection of 29th uniforms and related items. Enjoy!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57160-the-liberator-collection/?hl=%2Bthe+%2Bliberator+%2Bcollection

Ill second that!

-Dave

Let me tell you,

If you are going to get into D-Day divisions, be prepared to spend $$$$ a 1st ID patch will run from $10-$20 a 29th ID patch, will run $15-30 a 4th ID patch will run for around $10 and a 90th ID patch will run around 5-$10

-Dave

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

I am going to keep it as focused as possible to minimise cost

So it will be a small but cool collection

Regards, Ben

I just recently started collecting patches but can't find much besides the common ones(Which I already have) and have been just collecting the ones I need with the help of a booklet a forum member kindly gave. I usually buy them cheap and luckily a vendor at my hunting grounds had a BUNCH of patches and I bought about 20 which increased my Patch Collection dearly.

It would look pretty nice if you had all the D-Day division patches all framed together.

-Dave

Dave, what I will do is similar. When I acquire the patches and DUIs I need, I will endeavour to post some pics

I just recently started collecting patches but can't find much besides the common ones(Which I already have) and have been just collecting the ones I need with the help of a booklet a forum member kindly gave. I usually buy them cheap and luckily a vendor at my hunting grounds had a BUNCH of patches and I bought about 20 which increased my Patch Collection dearly.

Yeah, but searching for them is half the fun though...

WorldWarPatches

You should go hog rump wild and get every patch from every branch and every variation. 6 lifetimes from now & a few million bucks you will have them all.