Eisenhower Museum, Abilene Kansas

MattS

Painting description, went to Prague a few years ago so was partial to this. That's it for my whirlwind tour. There is a lot more from his presidency but that will have to wait for another day and trip.

Alan

post-2741-0-78012300-1425354516.jpg

Very nice tour of the military section of the museum. Definitely worth a visit. Thanks for posting!

uniformcollector

Great photos! It's interesting to see that Ike had the WWII victory medal before all of his other awards.

It looks to me like the victory medal and occupation medal were afterthoughts on that display. Seems like someone put it all together then realized they left those out and stuck them on each end.

The one glaring omission in this museum is, no uniform of Eisenhower. I mean, he made the Ike jacket the thing and there is not one of his on display, that is odd. Anyone know where they are?

Alan

uniformcollector

It looks to me like the victory medal and occupation medal were afterthoughts on that display. Seems like someone put it all together then realized they left those out and stuck them on each end.

The one glaring omission in this museum is, no uniform of Eisenhower. I mean, he made the Ike jacket the thing and there is not one of his on display, that is odd. Anyone know where they are?

Alan

His Ike jacket is on loan to the National Archives. I think normally it is at this museum though.